IGNORED

HQ Player

Hey all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but my primary goal is to have hqplayer running dsd 512 so this thread seems appropriate. I have a imac 4ghz quad core computer (pretty sure it'll be capable of dsd512) and a mac mini thats currently acting as music server running roon and hqplayer feeding a singxer su-1. My problem is I'm getting confused as hell about the best way to configure the hardware and software with the end goal to have roon setup integrated with hqplayer doing the upsampling to dsd 512. The plan is this:

-Imac setup with hqplayer in my office attached to the network running in osx

-mac mini setup in windows as naa running asio drivers attached to the network and feeding my singxer via usb

-roon setup? not sure should it be on the imac or can it run on the mini? this part I get a little fuzzy on

I'm pretty new to all this and the more research I do... well I think I get it then ultimately realize I'm lost in it all or reading posts from 3 years ago and maybe the info is not so relevant anymore. I think I'm on the right track here but would appreciate any advise or insight if I'm out to lunch. 

Ok thanks, the other fuzzy part is setting up the mini, I install windows 10 (or does it matter which windows) download the asio drivers for the singxer and install the hq player network audio damion from miskas site? And get everything to communicate properly with each other in the setup menus and I'm off to the races? 

• 2 years later...

Hey all, installed trial version of hqplayer4 and when I go to set it up it won’t acknowledge my exasound ASIO drivers and I can only use core audio. Anybody have any ideas why?

I’m running a Mac with an exasound e32 dac using hqplayer 3 with no issues but when I try hq4 I run into this problem.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, ted_b said:

HQPlayer Embedded exists on many Linux distros, and also on Jussi's own HQP OS.  The fact that the HQP OS is an entire tweaked minimalist OS means it can be booted from a USB thumb drive with nothing else (or Windows10 in my case) on the hard drive.

Hey Ted, I think I recall a recent run on the thread were you implemented hqplayer os/embedded and there was some how to directions outlined.
was this done on your new Mac mini with the m1 chip? Or was it Mac laptop. Or am I way off on this? 

And there it is k6davis, thanks for that. 
still a bit foggy on this though. For the sake of clarity I guess my question is can hqplayer OS run on a Mac mini m1. I have desktop running right now and I send signal direct to dac via a icron USB ranger (fibre media converter) so no naa in my case. As well I am not using roon anymore just strait HQPlayer and the HQPlayer app for remote control. 
thanks