IGNORED

HQ Player

30 minutes ago, Miska said:

Coupon code works only for the same product, so Desktop v3 upgrade discount coupon code works for Desktop v4. Embedded is a different product and the upgrade discount is not applicable cross-product.

Somewhat related.

If I buy an embedded license, can I use that license for desktop?

I'm planning to use embedded, but may decide later to use desktop.

I think I read somewhere if I buy a license, and I'm the only one who ever uses the license (so it would never be used on two machines at the same time), then I can use it on different machines and use either desktop or embedded, but I didn't see anything on your website about it.

Thanks

Randy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pcmchild said:

I am on trial period with HQP since 3 days, and I am liking it well so far. I read many people complaining about the server (desktop) UI, but I am liking it, It is simple as I like it. I didn't even need to try the Client.

Is anyone able to help me with this: is it possible to connect HQP input to the output of some video player, as VLC and MPC-BE? If not is there any other way to use HQP with audio from video file playback? I have many concerts I would like HQP to process.

If you run hqp embedded, it supports upnp/dlna.  I think vlc also supports upnp also, so something might be possible.  I use mconnect as my upnp client app, but I only play audio files through it, never tried video.

You can make a usb stick with hqp embedded and try it out.  Make a bootable stick, then boot from the stick and you'll have hqp embedded running.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, StreamFidelity said:

Hi Mario,

here you hang around. 😎

This is unfortunately too expensive for me. But Miska wrote that the HQPlayer volume control with DSD does'nt reduze any bits. Maybe one of the reasons why this sounds so good. Maybe I don't need a preamp anymore. 😁

bye Gabriel

My "preamp" is a dact attenuator which is built into my amp.

So I have three ways to control volume, the dact, HQP and my Ian Canada ESS dac.

I found that it sounds best leaving the dact at full volume, using ESS or HQP to control volume.  I think I liked HQP volume control a little better than ESS, but it was close.  I use a combination of both, ESS is more convenient because I can use a normal apple remote, so I use ESS for fine volume control and HQP for course.

Randy

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Miska said:

Not from the web interface or Client yet. But with command line "hqp-control2" you can, from another machine.

Number 2 means "repeat all" while number 1 means "repeat current track".

hqp-control2 192.168.1.100 --set-repeat 2

Replace the "192.168.1.100" with IP address of your Embedded device. If you don't know the IP you can find it out with

hqp-control2 --discover

Great, thanks for the tip

Next question is, can I download hqp-control2 from somewhere?

I found the source code, and then realized trying to compile it is beyond my very limited SW skills.

(tried an online compiler, but got compilation errors).

Was also wondering if there is a version of HQP client for Mac that I could use with HQP OS?

I've been using the webpage from HQP OS, but its pretty limited and not real user friendly.  That's why I use mconnect most of the time.

Thanks

Randy

14 hours ago, Miska said:

Yes, both the hqp-control2 and Client are distributed as part of HQPlayer 4 Desktop. On Windows and Mac just the client can be installed easily, no need to install the server part. On Linux, separate package for just Client is available.

Although hqp-control2 and Client are included with Desktop for practical reasons, they don't need a separate license and can be used with Embedded without extra fees.

Thanks for the help

I installed Client on my macbook, much nicer program to play local songs with.

But I called up Terminal to run a command line, tried to run hqp-control2 and it couldn't find it.

I installed Client, then tried to install Desktop too, same result.

Hopefully this is my last question on this subject, really close now.

Randy

On 12/18/2019 at 7:54 AM, Bob Stern said:

/Applications/HQPlayer4Client.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp-control2

I tried "cd /Applications/HQPlayer4Client.app/Contents/MacOS" to go to that directory, and then "hqp-control2", but it would not work like that.

But if I just copied the entire line, as you typed, works great.

So now I can turn on repeat all or repeat song 😀

As a bonus, I learned I can use HQP Client which is a much better interface than the web based one (IMHO), so I can use that from my macbook sometimes.  

Randy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well if you go with embedded, you can use a usb stick with HQP OS on it, and boot from that when you want to run HQP.  Then have a SSD with Linux for anything else.

I started with Ubuntu/Embedded but I use HQP OS now and am very happy with it.  They are both viewed as embedded versions, so same license covers them.

Randy