IGNORED

HQ Player

HQ Player for Mac/OSX requires a Network Audio Adapter, OK, what is an NAA? How is it implemented? Is it software for OSX, or is it a separate Linux PC. Would a MAC Mini with a 2.7GHz core i7 and 8GB of mem be sufficient to do DSD256, upsampled or native, to an exaSound e22 DAC? If the NAA is a separate Linux box, what are you fellows using, software and hardware wise? Thanks.

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

Music Server Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Roon, HQP, A+

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

Loudspeaker Cables:AudioQuest CV8

Thanks Miska for your prompt answer. I will just wait for your NAA for OSX and try it again then.

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

• 2 weeks later...

kennyb123

Caution! I tried that on my MAC Mini, and I would not delete all the things that came up doing that. The only thing that pertains to HQPLAYER was the .xml file that contains your setup for HQP, the other were pictures, movies, music etc. Just be careful off what you delete.

Have you tried increasing the buffer time in Preference for HQP from the default? I had to increase it to 50ms and I can do 256fs without dropouts now. I'm using a Mac Mini 2.7ghz i7, with the CAD script, for music only.

• 1 month later...

Heads up. Beta 5 for OSX is out on Facebook. Updates -2s filters.

In HQPlayer3 under Library, what is the difference between the default listing and the "Structure only" setting. I don't understand what the manual says about it. Does it on give you only Artist/Album/Song without the Performer list? The thing I don't like about the default list is that it gives you too much info. For example, under Performer it will list John Denver and under Artist it will list Bill Smith, who the heck is Bill Smith, producer, director ? I don't care. All I want is Artist/Album/Song. Will using "Structure Only" give me that? I have spent a lot of hours correcting things under the default listing and if checking "Structure Only" would delete all my corrections and still not give me what I want, I'm afraid to try it not knowing what it would do.

Miska,

Thanks.

Just one more thing, will you be getting ASIO working for OSX for the exaSound. It would sure take a load off of our CPU's unlike Apples CoreAudio which beats the CPU to death. And, it really sounds good too.

Thanks again.

Miska, good morning, I have a exaSound e22 DAC, want to give it a shot? I also own a licence for HQPlayer on OSX Mavericks.

• 2 weeks later...

Fabio, Go into HQP's "Library" and do a "Remove All" from library. Then click on "Structure Only", and then add your library back into HQP Library. This will give you Artist/Album/Song. See page 15 in Manual. This seems to correct the problem for me.

Good Luck!

OSX Beta 7 is up! ASIO works on exaSound DAC's!!! Listening now to x256 up-sampling of PCM. 3.85% System, 47% User, no skips or distortion so far.

• 5 weeks later...

freesteve,

Go to the left hand column and click on Signalyst, or click here. You may have to refresh the page, it's at the bottom of the page.

• 2 weeks later...

I use XLD a converter that's free for MAC, it will convert, even in batch mode, all ALAC files to AIFF very quickly. I don't know how much bigger, if at all, the converted files would be, but I didn't notice too much difference. But I have terabytes available so I probably wouldn't.;)

AIFF is full size, adding say 40%. I've used XLD to transcode over a terabyte worth of files at a time.

+40%, wow, Note to self, pay closer attention idiot! :) Oh well, storage is cheap now days.

• 4 months later...

Where can I get the 3.6.2beta3 version for OSX Mac? So far I like beta2, but with all the raves about beta4, I would really like to try it out. Thanks.

It is at post #1236

Dyson

Thanks, don't know how I missed that. :(

• 2 months later...

• 1 year later...

I love HQP so much that I am prepared to put up with the default interface, just to use it! I don't see how it would end up like JPlay with JRiver.

Keith, check out this site Alchemy Desktop. Try it out and see it you like their interface to HQP better, and let us know what you think. I run Mac's and would try it myself, but they haven't finished the Mac version yet.

Cheers

Thanks Poco. I have tried Alchemy. I gave my impressions and feedback in their thread here on CA. I am waiting for them to release a new version before I buy. At the moment it does not offer much improvement over the HQP standard interface.

I guess we will both have to wait:) Thanks for the reply.

• 2 years later...
44 minutes ago, Miska said:

I assume you are on Mac and thus limited to DSD128? I would say trying to go for DSD256 with the Mytek, for example using a NAA, would be probably worth it...

All my Mac's can do DSD256, no problem.