IGNORED

HQ Player

Commentys on this are appreciated. How does it compare to J River? Thank you.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Thank you... for some reason I never got the code with the trial so I cannot try this recommended program. When I requested a new download the trial key was accepted as expired. I contacted Signalyst and that went no where. Such is life...

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

TU 4est

Ok... I have bought it based upon the previous comments. I will always gamble when it comes to my listening experience. So how do I get the manual for it as referenced in the help section. Thanks for your help.

Got it TU

enjoying the player very nicely.... Thanks for all the support

The more I play with this amazing program the more I enjoy it... especially if I run fidelizer first.

HQ just plays whatever you include as a source, flac, wma, etc. It is highly adjustable on so many varied levels of tweaking. Try it out and decide for yourself. There is a trial included. Enjoy.

• 3 months later...

I just wish to thank Jussi for all his time and effort to allow me to make my Mac play music better....

• 1 month later...

It is exceptionally a superb player and well worth the investment. Go for it!

3.4.1 is out and there is no link on the facebook site??

:D Thank you...

such a wonderful player on my Mac... have some patience with the developer...

Anyone have a DAC2 with your HQ Player for Mac? What are your preferred settings??

I wish Miska would incorporate a left and right balance.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrading to OSX Yosemite is a real plus with HQ Player.... Very impressed! More detail, much more.

Upgraded and HQ Player is even more detailed with richer sound, IMHO.

I do not know what your budget is for a DAC, but I am very pleased with my DAC2 HGC (Benchmark) and the com,pany is excellent to work with...

Ok I will be more specific. I have been an audiophile for ages and had a lot of equipment run through my home. I have been using mostly Jriver for the past two years although I have foobar and occasionally use that. I read about HQplayer on the forums and download it to try. I was not expecting anything special but I was in for a very big surprise.

Here, to be specific, is the difference between Jriver and HQPlayer both set to upscale to 176K. HQPlayer presents a bigger soundstage with much greater sense of the recording space. Instruments are placed more accurately within the stage both in width and depth. Layering is fantastic but the single most exceptional difference is the purity of the tone of instruments. This is the first time since my vinyl days that I had the real sense that the instruments are in the room with me. I listen to mostly classical and the realism with HQPlayer is positively spooky. I have never heard digital produce such accurate piano or violin tone. There is absolutely no digital edge to anything. The sound is so liquid it is remarkable and this is with redbook. I can only imagine what this would do if I used HQPlayer to upscale to dsd. I plan to get a dsd player and find out.

The UI in HQPlayer is terrible compared to either Jriver or foobar but I can live with all that for the sound. I have over a thousand classical recordings stored in folders. Most are flac and many are in a single flac file with cue sheet. Jriver and foobar accept the cue sheets directly and correctly display the tracks. HQPlayer does not. I have to use cue tools to split my flac files into individual tracks for those tracks to appear properly in HQPlayer. It is a large and time consuming task but I will do it to maintain this level of sound performance. Once you have heard this there is no going back. I am now seriously in the hunt for a dsd dac to replace my D18.

• 3 weeks later...

3.5.0 version is out, but I cannot drag file into player?

I am on Yosemite. Drag and drop is the only way I play music files. Should I upgrade or wait?
WAIT! Miska will fix...

Miska DSD5v3 is AWESOME thank you!
It is awesome... I just will be 100 % satisfied once the "drag & drop" is fixed on 3.5 Good things are worth waiting for ... Great things are so much more!

I just download and install version 3.51, but still no luck with drag and drop in yosemite :(
Beta works for me... Thanks Miska

cannot always drag & drop with the beta using flac files

cannot always drag & drop with the beta using flac files
... but I can drag and drop a folder with flac tracks and then they are recognized and playable...

Beta version (3.50.1) has been flashing with white light in background when it loads. Anyone else experiencing this... Just began in last couple of hours.....