IGNORED

HQ Player

Hi @Miska.Would the new RPi 4 provide better throughput as a NAA using usb to DAC? I am using DietPi as the loader at present.

My favorite filter is closed form - m to PCM at 768k. A direct connection of my computer to dac works great but a pi 3 as NAA stutters. I was hoping the Pi 4 might help.

• 11 months later...
21 hours ago, ray-dude said:

Here are my current settings.  sinc-M and LNS15 gets you mScaler-like, and adjusting buffer time and DAC bits gets you that final tuning to your ear.

I find the sinc-L quite nice as well (more for some albums than others), but I keep coming back to sinc-M

image.thumb.png.ee693110fbf4df522754f561d26f1626.png

Thanks for the suggestion with bits and buffer. Setting my embedded to TT2 to your settings enabled Sinc-M to better The long-lp for me. Most enjoyable. 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, ccc888 said:

Correct, but make server headless doesn't affect people who don't use Roon, HQPlayer can still be used normally with the client interface. All I ask is to have an option to make the interface disappear when I don't need it. I don't think it's a inconsiderate request for people who want to use HQPlayer otherwise.

I just minimize it on my Mac server. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2020 at 3:03 AM, Fourlegs said:

Hi Guys, I am rather late to HQP and much as I would love to trawl through 770 pages to find the answer I wondered if a kind person could point me in the right direction.

I have a loan Antipodes K50 with embedded HQP which I have got up and running with HQP in conjunction with Roon and outputting via USB to my Dave at 705.6kHz or 768kHz as appropriate. The K50 is two separate machines in one same box, one configured as a server with SSD storage and the other is configured as the player. I do not have any or output DSD so I am only interested in PCM.

I am looking for suggestions for the best place to start with settings for HQP with the Dave rather than just diving in on a random basis. I normally use an Mscaler and so should I start with say sinc-M + LNS15 and then venture elsewhere when I have got used to that or do you guys have a better suggestion for what filter / noise shaper combination to use with the Dave? I am not seeking to emulate the Mscaler but rather just to get the best sound.

Thanks.

I had an mscaler and the closest I can get (actually better imho) with Antipodes EX, TT2 is sinc-m, lns15, 768, adaptive rate checked. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 5:04 PM, CheapSplurge said:

Anyone that has the Chord TT2 can suggest settings for Hqplayer, that makes the sound thicken the body, or bring the vocals more forward? 

I appreciate it. 

I used sinc-m, 768max, lns15, adaptive rate checked for the last year. Just recently I was using Squeeze without hqplayer as I liked the WTA1 filter quality. Now using hqplayer again but only sampling to 192max so that I still get jussi’s filters up front and Rob’s as well. For this week anyway.

19 hours ago, CheapSplurge said:

I apologize, I'm new and can't quite follow. I understand the settings but ease clarify. 

If I only sample to 192max it will sound better as it will use my dacs wta filter? 

That will be up to your ears. I am experimenting with this and today its 192 and closed form-m. I used to own an mscaler and was forced to listen to it’s filter only. HQPlayer gives so many alternatives and none are wrong. One thing I noticed with mscaler was that I was enjoying 192k upsampling at times rather than full 768 for a fuller sound. That gave me the idea to try it with hqplayer. You may get that fuller sound you were looking for.

• 3 years later...

Hi @Miska  . I like to use hqplayer 5 in both pcm upscaling and “bitperfect mode”. Bit perfect as an alternate and much better sounding engine than roon. I set it at none, none, none and 0db when in this mode. Is this truly a passthru using your engine or is there some processing? If not, would it be possible to add a switch for this option? It makes for a much superior engine when used with roon.