IGNORED

HQ Player

I am running HQ Player NAA via Roon and wanted to know if there is a way to set it to play whatever the selection is natively without converting?  Right now, it appears everything is being converted to PCM.  I don't have alot of DSD music but would rather hear it without conversion 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, arglebargle said:

I believe Miska currently does most of HQPlayer development and testing on Ubuntu Xenial 16.04 so variations on that (such as Lubuntu) are a safe bet. He also has some custom kernels built for Xenial if you get adventurous later. 

Thank you.  I will download the iso.  I definitely want his kernel too ;)

5 hours ago, Miska said:

You need to install Nvidia display drivers if you want to utilize CUDA. If you don't need/want CUDA, you can use any other display drivers (like nouveau for Nvidia).

Thank you.  The installer crashed and I think I finally got things going in the right direction.  I forgot all about UEFI and had to reformat and make another bootable disc.  This computer will only be used for HQ Player so I want do everything you recommend including installing your kernel.  Thank you @Miska

@miska I cannot get HQ Player to see the Oppo in NAA mode.  I have gone into app switcher and selected HQP NAA and it shows being active but it does not show up in Linux.  It is not running on my Mac so I am not sure what I am not doing.  My server is a SonicTransporter i7 with Roon if that helps.  

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...