IGNORED

Berlin Philharmonic to launch it's own label -

Thanks for sharing.

The own label trend is probably not stoppable and makes sense in these days where there's nothing much left of what used to be the giant Deutsche Grammophon.

I just wonder why they are still so focused on selling physical products. I just hope they are going to be smart enough to also make the high-res downloads available independently as opposed to limiting them to download codes with physical box sets, or partner with Highresaudio or Qobuz (preferably the latter given Highresaudio's painful high-price policy) on getting their downloads out.

Maybe they don't want to jeopardize their digital concert hall program.

Had a quick listen to the Schumann samples. Not bad, but you can really hear the tradition of the Berlin Philharmonic in this box. If I were to get a new Schumann cycle, I'd probably rather go for this one (I'm very close to pulling the trigger):

Schumann: The Symphonies | Robert Schumann par Chamber Orchestra of Europe*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

By the way, the good news on the latter is that it seems that now DG/Universal starts more and more selling 24/96.