IGNORED

Control connected media jriver with jremote?

Hi All,I have recently set up my first music server with jriver.

For control I use solely jremote on an ipad.

This works fine for all my stored music but somehow I cannot find 'connected media' on jremote. I would like to be able to use this option to stream music from internet.

How can I make this work?

Thank you,

Jock

Music Server: Caps v3, ssd, ppa usb3 v2 card, external usb hdd, Keces Powersupply,Windows Server 2016, JRiver, audio optimizer. DAC: Teac UD-501. Amplifier: SSE tube amb with Class D L15D Amps for lower frequencies Mini DSP Open Baffle Tangband w8-1808 and double Emminence Alpha15 Cables: Signal Cable USA, Chord silverplus usb.

Hi All,

The procedure that i found that works is as follows:

You want to get the radio station in you playlist because the playlist is accessible from jremote.

1 find/copy the url of the radio station

2 goto File - Open URL and paste the url

3 Once the music has started goto playlist - recently imported

4 In recently imported you will see the radio station and by using right click you can add it to your playlist.

Here's the catch:

The radio station starts up in your internet browser so is probably not processed by jriver

I cannot shut the website down from jremote......

Now I am thinking about a 'program' or .exe file that shuts down google chrome on the music server once the program is activated

That might give me the possibility add this program to a playlist named 'shut down internet radio'

Any idea's if such a program exist or help to write it?

Thanks,

Jock

Music Server: Caps v3, ssd, ppa usb3 v2 card, external usb hdd, Keces Powersupply,Windows Server 2016, JRiver, audio optimizer. DAC: Teac UD-501. Amplifier: SSE tube amb with Class D L15D Amps for lower frequencies Mini DSP Open Baffle Tangband w8-1808 and double Emminence Alpha15 Cables: Signal Cable USA, Chord silverplus usb.

I think I found it.

I wrote a small program in notepad:

cmd:

Taskkill /IM chrome.exe /F

And saved this as Internetmusic off.bat

Now when I start this program it opens the command prompt and then shuts down google chrome (that is running the internet radio).

Next step is to find a way to add this somehow as a playlist.

Kind-off fun having this thread all by myself LOL

I put them into a playlist, and can control them 100% from JRemote that way. ;)

-Paul

Hi All,

The procedure that i found that works is as follows:

You want to get the radio station in you playlist because the playlist is accessible from jremote.

1 find/copy the url of the radio station

2 goto File - Open URL and paste the url

3 Once the music has started goto playlist - recently imported

4 In recently imported you will see the radio station and by using right click you can add it to your playlist.

Here's the catch:

The radio station starts up in your internet browser so is probably not processed by jriver

I cannot shut the website down from jremote......

Now I am thinking about a 'program' or .exe file that shuts down google chrome on the music server once the program is activated

That might give me the possibility add this program to a playlist named 'shut down internet radio'

Any idea's if such a program exist or help to write it?

Thanks,

Jock

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Hi Paul,

Can you please explain how you do this or what you do different?

Thanks Jock

Examples:

Here's one that works with playlist: http://8543.live.streamtheworld.com/VERONICACMP3

Here's one that works with playlist but cannot be shut down: Mellow Jazz on JAZZRADIO.com