IGNORED

Tubecore - > Computer Embedded, Tube-Driven, Intelligent Home Audio

I can only add that the Fullrange drivers used are possibly one of the finest 4" drivers I've ever listened to. I've used them in a few of my own designs as well as the Statement series of DIY speakers. There seems to be a lot of value in this package unit.

Here's the naked response for those interested tangband1337

Zaph|Audio

.....with a smile notch filter, nearly a flat line from 100-20khz.

The onboard computer and "24 bit DAC" at first glance appear to be the limiting reagents. However, if this is really "open hardware" and one could replace the DAC and possibly the computer with something a bit more competent, this could be tempting.

I wish it weren't so fugly.

The onboard computer and "24 bit DAC" at first glance appear to be the limiting reagents. However, if this is really "open hardware" and one could replace the DAC and possibly the computer with something a bit more competent, this could be tempting.

I wish it weren't so fugly.

I don't like the tubes and their window stuck in the middle of the whole contraption. But the cabinet and ports done in wood are gorgeous.

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass