IGNORED

Logitech Bluetooth Adapter…nice

For only $40, Logitech has this nice little box -- the Bluetooth Audio Adapater -- that adds bluetooth capabilities to virtually any music system.

With standard RCA outputs, it's easy to take some extra interconnects and connect it to one of my integrated amp's inputs.

And the linking to my iPad took less than a minute.

Bluetooth Audio Adapter

For me, the main use is to discover new music, say through Pandora or Spotify or Rdio or Apple's iRadio.

That's because the little box allows me to stream those services from my tablet or phone to my music system.

Sure, the sound quality is nowhere near the music running through my server and DAC.

But as an extra, and for the purpose of discovery, I'd rather have those services play through my system's speakers than being locked into earphones.

As I say, the Logitech little box is a small extra addition.

But its value for adding new possible sources of pleasure, relative to its low price, seems pretty high.

Anyone else here using this little box?

Dave, who keeps calling it a "little box" because its really tiny and will fit in anywhere since bluetooth doesn't need line of sight to function

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

If people are interested; WhatHiFi had a review/roundup of under £100 Blutooth receivers in this months magazine. Not yet online but probably will be soon.

Several offer digital output too.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I'm wondering how helpful digital output really would be with these types of add-on devices, which already have two audio strikes against them:

1. most streams are mp3
  2. bluetooth flattens sound; that is, not as robust as wi-fi

Music is love, made audible.