IGNORED

Usb DAC power

Do you mean power (as in 5v dc) or a signal? The answer is no in either case. You can, however hook them up using a dock to USB cable, and go into the DAC that way. I am not positive if this works with all DACs, but I know it does on some. What model DAC do you have, and what gen. Ipad? Also, would you be playing files that are on the ipad, or using the ipad as a streaming device?

Do you mean power (as in 5v dc) or a signal? The answer is no in either case. You can, however hook them up using a dock to USB cable, and go into the DAC that way. I am not positive if this works with all DACs, but I know it does on some. What model DAC do you have, and what gen. Ipad? Also, would you be playing files that are on the ipad, or using the ipad as a streaming device?

I will be playing files from my ipad 3 with retina display. I have the schitt magni headphone amp

and planing on buying the modi usb dac I'm pretty sure I can get power to the dac by coming out

of the ipad using a 30 pin to usb connecter. The problem that I would face is how to keep the ipad charging. Is there a 30 pin to usb splitter cable that will allow me to charge the ipad and get

usb power to the dac.

The problem that I would face is how to keep the ipad charging. Is there a 30 pin to usb splitter cable that will allow me to charge the ipad and get

usb power to the dac.

This would allow for that, I'm pretty sure. Doesn't look like this particular brand is built well, but there must be other powered docks available.

Amazon.com: Sync Dock Station Power Charger Cradle Dock Stand Station For Apple iPad 16G 32G 64G(White): Computers & Accessories

Connecting to an iPod/iPhone/iPadAnalog: You can connect a headphone amp via the headphone jack. iPhones and iPods use a 1/8" stereo jack, and our gear uses RCA inputs, So you'll need a cable like this one:1/8" to Dual RCA CableDigital: If you have an older iPhone, iPod, or iPad with the 30-pin connector (the 1" wide one, not the new Lightning connector), you can connect to our DACs with a digital out dock, like a Pure i20.30-Pin connector and iPad: If you have an iPad with the 30-pin connector, you can connect via USB with the Apple 30-pin Camera Connection Kit, together with a powered hub to avoid the "this device draws too much power" error. You'll also need a USB cable.Lightning connector: if you have an iPhone running iOS7 or iPad running iOS6 or iOS7 with the new Lightning connector, you can use the Lightning to USB Adapter from Apple, together with a powered hub to avoid the "this device draws too much power" error. You'll also need a USB cable.Apple 30-pin Camera Connection KitApple Lightning to USB AdapterPowered Hub USB A-B Cable Fancy USB A-B Cablehttp://schiit.com/guides/getting-connected

Almarra 318B-Zu Audio Omen-Marantz SA15S1-Nottingham Analogue Interspace Jr.-BlueSound Node-Schiit Modi 2 Uber, Ifi SPDIF ipurifier-Clearday Shotgun speaker cables-Clarity HarvestII Interconnects-TWL powercords-ATS acoustic panels-Echo Buster corner traps

Connecting to an iPod/iPhone/iPadAnalog: You can connect a headphone amp via the headphone jack. iPhones and iPods use a 1/8" stereo jack, and our gear uses RCA inputs, So you'll need a cable like this one:1/8" to Dual RCA CableDigital: If you have an older iPhone, iPod, or iPad with the 30-pin connector (the 1" wide one, not the new Lightning connector), you can connect to our DACs with a digital out dock, like a Pure i20.30-Pin connector and iPad: If you have an iPad with the 30-pin connector, you can connect via USB with the Apple 30-pin Camera Connection Kit, together with a powered hub to avoid the "this device draws too much power" error. You'll also need a USB cable.Lightning connector: if you have an iPhone running iOS7 or iPad running iOS6 or iOS7 with the new Lightning connector, you can use the Lightning to USB Adapter from Apple, together with a powered hub to avoid the "this device draws too much power" error. You'll also need a USB cable.Apple 30-pin Camera Connection KitApple Lightning to USB AdapterPowered Hub USB A-B Cable Fancy USB A-B Cablehttp://schiit.com/guides/getting-connected

Will this 30 pin Camera Connection kit allow me to charge my ipad and send a digital signal to my usb dac simultaneously? my setup will be ipad 3 with retina display into the schitt modi dac then into the schitt magni headphone amp. Also do you know the exact model number for this kit?