IGNORED

DCS Delius problem

I have used DCS Delius DAC.

Recently, I want to connect delius to Esoteric SACD player X-05 with Word Clock.

But, Esoteric only said "WORD UNCLKED!"

So, I find the menu in Delius but there was no Master/Slave choice.

In the menu of delius, there is ISSUE and its number is v1.03.

I think this will be a firmware version.

How can I update the firmware to latest version that support WORD CLOCK OUT ?

I sent email to DCS but there was no reply. I can't understand DCS's after service!

If you have firmware update information or update tool (CD or files), please send to me.

email is [email protected]

Please help me !!!

Yonjay

You only gave dCS 8 minutes between posting through their website and bemoaning after sales service.

Anyway, Your Delius needs to be running 1.10 software not 1.03. This unit is approximately 10 years old so may need a general service too.

Please check your personal email as we have sent details on how to get upgraded. Next time please be a little more patient. We try to help every customer but sometimes 8 minutes is just too short a window.

Thanks

dCS

Yonjay

dCS do suggest you contact local distributer/dealer rather than direct as a first port of call. Also you've probably seen it but you can get a PDF manual from the dCS website. There is also a troubleshooting FAQ.

How did you email dCS. Using the form on the website I got very prompt reply so maybe worth another email.

Are you aware the dCS only outputs clocks at 44.1 and 48 - not sure what your Essoteric will be expecting. Maybe worth checking with Essoteric what clocks the transport can recieve. From your original post sounds like you're using clock out from dCS into the Esoteric transport?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Sorry

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

My fault...

Eloise

---

Oops!

Eloise

---

Sorry for the multiple posts.

Eloise

---

Thank you dCS Service.

I post and wirte to dCS web last night.

But, I also wrote to dCS web the same kind question about two weeks ago.

So, I write this post.

Anyway, I connected WORD CLK of Delius to Esoteric's WORD SYNC IN.

Ant got message "WORD UNLOCKED"

Okay ... so you wrote two weeks ago and didn't get a reply ... that was probably an oversight on dCS's part ... this time you got a response within a few minutes. If you've still got problems, shouldn't you be responding to dCS's email instead of petulantly moaning hear.

davo (dCS Service) said... Your Delius needs to be running 1.10 software not 1.03. This unit is approximately 10 years old so may need a general service too. and Please check your personal email as we have sent details on how to get upgraded.

On the surface it sounds like (to me) that they are trying to help you out. Or did you expect to get a 10 year old product serviced for free? I thought from what davo said that they were telling you how to get your Delius upgraded to a suitable various to enable the WorkClock out.

From searching there have been 2 other opinions expressed about dCS's response to emails. 1 was a very quick response, 1 no-reply. So it does look like dCS MAY have an issue with emails sent via their website. My own experience was a quick reply to a technical / pre-sales enquiry. dCS (on their website in Support section) do say "If you need further technical assistance then we advise you contact your local authorised dCS dealer or distributor. You can find your local dealer or distributor using our locator." (before going on to say you CAN contact them via the web contact form) This is standard practice for most (all?) manufacturers. If you had a problem with a car your first port of call would be a dealer not the manufacturer.

You (in your last post) said... Anyway, I connected WORD CLK of Delius to Esoteric's WORD SYNC IN.

An[d] got message "WORD UNLOCKED"

Which is to be expected if you have version 1.03. davo stated you need version 1.10 for the Word Clock Out to operate. As I say I don't know what was said in the email they sent to you - but sounds like your question has been answered and quickly albeit on your second time of asking it appears. Now if the unit doesn't do what you were led to expect it to do (i.e. allow you to output a Word Clock to your X-05), thats between you and the person who sold it to you.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but the latest manual for the Delius is available from dCS Here.

Eloise

P.S. I'm probably sticking my nose in where it's not wanted. I have no vested interest in dCS.

Another P.S. There is actually a phone number for dCS listed on their website - look under dealer locator and country UK and there is a UK phone number for dCS there. They also list some "second hand" buying advice with basically boils down to caveat emptor (buyer beware) but that if you contact them with serial number, etc they will help you with details of the devices build, functionality, etc.

Eloise

---

Thank you for your kindly reply.

Now, I have to update the firmware to 1.1.

Thank you.

But, I didn't got the email from dCS. The email only I received is your reply forwarding in this forum.

Really they sent the email to me ? In my email box, there is nothing from dcs.

The only one thing I want to know is how to update.

Is there any kind of update charge ? If yes, how much ?

I obviously only know what has been posted here ... but davo's reply did say "check your personal email" if you've not received a reply then looks like something has gone amiss - you don't have a spam filter do you - check there is nothing from dcsltd.co.uk in there.

Can I ask what country you live in?

Eloise

---

I have no connection with dCS ... just trying to help you out.

It doesn't look like dCS have a distributor in South Korea.

There is a phone number for dCS HeadQuarters - +44 (0)1799 531999 - obviously an English number.

Eloise

---