IGNORED

Extraction Time Question !?

That is because some SACDs/ISOs (most of those which contain multichannel content) are "packed" with DST compression.

DST is a very efective compression algorythm for DSD data, and it needs quite some DSP or CPU power to unpack this data to standard DSD files (these in turn become much larger then their packed equivalent).

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

Ivan,

Make sure to test those DSF folders that extracted "in seconds" because if you forgot to decompress the DST the extraction may fly yet the result may be garbage. The fastest successful stereo extraction I've done (and I've done thousands) is between one and two minutes; the average is about 20 minutes.

Also, please try to ask extraction questions in the larger "SACD Ripping using your PS3 (part two)" thread...so we educate everyone. I found this thread accidentally.

Ivan,

Make sure to test those DSF folders that extracated "in seconds" because if you forgot to decompress the DST the extraction may fly yet the result may be garbage. The fastest successful stereo extraction I've done (and I've done thousands) is between one and two minutes; the average is about 20 minutes.

How do you "test" for (or confirm) that you have decompressed the files? I always wondered why some took longer than others. Now I'm nervous the faster ones need checking. Of course they sound fine to my ears so they most likely fine. Just wondering about the testing…

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

How do you "test" for (or confirm) that you have decompressed the files? I always wondered why some took longer than others. Now I'm nervous the faster ones need checking. Of course they sound fine to my ears so they most likely fine. Just wondering about the testing…

John

If they play music they are fine, period. The bad ones would be noise or cause the player (like JRIver) to reject them. If you have the DST checkbox checked then you are fine.

Thanks, Ted! Have a great day...

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification