IGNORED

Can not solve clicking noise through speakers at tack end (Jriver / USB / 2XDSD Upsample / Mytek)

HIFI

I am running Mac Mini / JRiver / USB / Mytek.

At end of track playing there is a loud click sound through speakers.

This is a new problem for me as I recently changed to USB connection to take advantage of 2XDSD playback. This clicking sound does not happen when I turn 2XDSD upsample OFF in JRiver.

Once a track ends and JRiver is done streaming the Mytek display switches from "HdSd" to a flashing "no LoCh". That is when the click in speakers happens.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

Have they released this into the mac version?

This is the release notes for JRiver 19.

19.0.49 (9/30/2013)

4. Changed: Startup and between track silence is -96dBFS narrow band pink noise instead of pure silence so that it works better with hardware that ignores pure silence ( Add +1. Poll: Have MC send pink noise instead of silence to kill audio gap. ).

Add +1. Poll: Have MC send pink noise instead of silence to kill audio gap.

I am running Mac Mini / JRiver / USB / Mytek.

At end of track playing there is a loud click sound through speakers.

This is a new problem for me as I recently changed to USB connection to take advantage of 2XDSD playback. This clicking sound does not happen when I turn 2XDSD upsample OFF in JRiver.

Once a track ends and JRiver is done streaming the Mytek display switches from "HdSd" to a flashing "no LoCh". That is when the click in speakers happens.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

It could be USB cable problem. Which one are you using?

Nice one - have you tried having JRMC not "Play silence between tracks"? That might help a bit...

Have they released this into the mac version?

This is the release notes for JRiver 19.

19.0.49 (9/30/2013)

4. Changed: Startup and between track silence is -96dBFS narrow band pink noise instead of pure silence so that it works better with hardware that ignores pure silence ( Add +1. Poll: Have MC send pink noise instead of silence to kill audio gap. ).

Add +1. Poll: Have MC send pink noise instead of silence to kill audio gap.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein