IGNORED

HELP HELP - Extract SACD ISO !!!!!!! ??????

Hello,

First of all I know this is not new question and I apologies !!!

I read almost every post here about extracting sacd iso but still I don't understand so much about scripts !!!!

Please any1 here help me, I have a lots of sacd iso-s and I want to extract dsf files (heard it is better sound) and I don't want to keep all the musics from each album, just some songs (in order to save space on my hd).

Any1 here can explain in details how to do this, I own macbook pro and I don't know how to dow it with terminal (never worked with it ) !!??

Is there any video tutorial that can help me or any tutorial on how to extract SACD ?

I contacted Ted_b but here but there are no response (I suppose he is busy) :(

Please some1 explain it for me in details because I have lot's of sacd-s to work with !!!

Thank you all for the help in advance

Best Regards from Sweden

I have sent you two emails already (the jelicit address)...and that's just today. You need to take a deep breath and read what I sent you (since you sent me a PM and an email within minutes of each other) along with what others are responding with.

Here is (word for word) my email response:

Ivan,

Hi. What do you mean by extracting to single DFS files (DFS is not a format...DSF is)?

When someone rips an SACD (through an eligible PS3) the result is an SACD ISO image. You can do a few things with that ISO file:

1) burn it to a DVD-R for a physical disc backup, just in case your orginal SACD gets scratched. This option is only relevant if you want to continue to listen to the SACD via a physical disc.

2) listen to the ISO directly from computer software players like JRiver. JRiver Meida Center 19 will see the ISO and allow direct playback to a DSD-capable DAC. This option has its plusses and minuses. Plusses include no need to extract to individual DSF or DFF tracks, simple navigation, and gapless playback. The minuses include the fact that many ISOs (SACDs) include both stereo and multichannel content, and the player (JRiver) will list both sets of tracks if both are present. This may cause incompatibilities if one tries to play (accidentally) multichannel tracks on a stereo system. This issue is resolved with custom views and rules, but that is another topic. Another minus is that ISOs often include compressed music (called DST in the DSD world) and the ability of JRIver to uncompress that music on the fly is cpu-intensive; it may require a larger cpu resources than your pc currently is comfortable with.

3) extract the ISO into a folder of individual tracks in either of the two DSD formats (DSF or DFF; I recommend DSF because it supports full tagging). This is accomplished no using a simple GUI application on the Sonore website. The link is in my guide below.

4) extract the ISo to a single DFF file (called an edit master) which would then require an accompanying cue file to tell the player where the track breaks are. This can be done with the same GUI, by picking the edit master option. However, I see no advantages to doing this one file approach. If one file is seen as advantageous then simply listen to the ISO directly.

Here is my guide with links to the things I mention above.

(direct dropbox link withheld on this public site, but simply go to the google page DSD database and find it at the bottom, last entry)

Let me know any questions. I've included a screen shot of Jesus's GUI (called ISO2DSD).

Ted

iso2dsd setup1.jpg

Hi Ted,

I didn't received any mail from you, but lucky me here we are :)

First of all thank you on your reply and let me explain what I was thinking !!

I was going to extract iso to dsf files in order to take just some of the songs from the iso albums !

Some albums have maybe just 1 song that I like so I thought I was gonna save some space on my hd as well !

I think the sound of dsf files are better to than using ISO, I think so, or !!??

So, I need help with extracting ISO to dsf, that's what I was asking you if you can explain for me because I am not that good in working with Terminal (mac) .

Thank you

Yes, make sure the checkbox is checked. You don't want to have to deal with DST compression. There are very few stereo layers that are DST compressed, but if they are (and you don't have the checkbox checked) they are garbage/imcompatible with most players.