IGNORED

Exasound E20 MKIII DAC - free shipping

Up for sale is my E20 MKIII DAC. It is in mint condition and is less than a year old. This is absolutely the BEST DAC I have ever owned and the non decimating volume control works perfectly because it doesn't drop bits. In direct comparison is was more musical to my ears than a Mytek stereo 192. The E20 MKIII is much more natural sounding and works flawlessly. Its one of 2-3 DACS that will do DSD256 and also DXD 384kHz/32bit PCM. My unit contains upgraded clock (.082ps rms clock) usually reserved for much higher priced DACS.

Here is a one of many reviews of this DAC:

exaSound e20 Mk III DAC | AudioStream

Asking $1,950 which includes shipping (double boxed)

I have been using the E20 MKIII with a C.A.P.S. v2+ server and I have never experienced one dropout. I have used three different USB cables and the sound has been very good with all three.

I have used this DAC both going direct to my NCores and to my JOB225 with excellent success. I have also used it with a Bent Audio TAP preamp. I believe you will be extremely happy running direct to your amp. It comes with an Apple remote but can be programmed for use with most remotes.

The reason for selling is that I have bought a modwright modded Sony HAP-Z1ES.

The unit comes with an external laptop style power supply. However, I have been using a Hynes SR3-12 Power Supply with GREAT SUCCESS! I am willing to sell the Hynes PS with the E20 MKIII for an additional $300.

Below are the specs:

E20 Mk III supports three additional sampling rates over previous models: DSD 3.072MHz, DSD 6.144MHz and DSD 12.288MHz.

384kHz/32bit maximum PCM sampling rate. Native support for DXD 352.8kHz master files.

ES9018 Sabre32 reference DAC chip from ESS Technologies.

Asynchronous USB Interface eliminates jitter caused by unstable computer timing.

OS X and Windows ASIO custom high-performance drivers. (DSD256 is supported only on Windows)

Automatic sampling rate switching.

384 kHz software upsampling.

.082 ps rms master clock. Jitter minimization is achieved by using 3 three precision oscillators.

11 power filtering stages.

Galvanic isolation between the USB subsystem and the DAC circuits eliminates ground loops noise and blocks computer-originated interferences.

Second generation headphone amplifier that can bring the best out of the most accurate headphones.

Simultaneously driven, gold plated balanced (XLR), and unbalanced (RCA) line outputs.

Two S/PDIF inputs provide jitter reduction and superb D/A conversion when used with CD transports.

The E20 MKIII DAC can be programmed to work with most IR remote controls.

I have the original box, external power supply, usb cable, remote & Manual.

Absolutely mint condition and used in a smoke free home. The pictures below are stock but my unit looks exactly the same. No marks or scratches of any kind. I will try and take pictures of my actual unit and get them on CA by tomorrow.

The E20 MKIII currently resides in Hinckley, Ohio.

Thanks for looking.

Randy

121713exasound6.jpg

121713exasound.png

121713exasound2.jpg

121713exasound4.jpg

Can you tell us about how the modified Sony sounds better than the DAC?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Firedog:

Couple of things... I absolutely don't mind posting my views on the Sony and plan do do so. Just not in this thread.

Secondly, I don't even have the unit yet.

However, with the great price Dan Wright is giving me on the model he is bringing to Axpona made me take this "leap of faith". It also doesn't hurt that my good audio buddy Ted Brady will be bringing the Sony back in his car after the show!

ModWright Announces Mod for Sony HAP-Z1ES!

Anyway... the worst that can happen is that I don't like it and go back to a computer front end with a DAC again.

Regards,

Randy

Okay, I do realize it probably wasn't the best question to pose here. I'm just very curious about modded Z1ES's and just how good they really are compared to a good audio PC and a good DAC. Will be looking forward to reading what you think of the SONY once you've had a chance to listen.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

A CA member was very interested but just could not pull the trigger so I will offer the E20 MKIII for what I offered it to him

$1,900 shipping included(double boxed) along with a very nice USB cable (in addition to the stock cable supplied)

Regards,

Randy

For alll those who have inquired about the Hynes SR3-12 Power Supply... it has found a new home in California.

The price for my E20 MKIII is now $1,850 shipping included(double boxed) along with a very nice USB cable (in addition to the stock cable supplied)

Regards,

Randy

I have listed E20 MKIII on A"GON with a higher price.

However, I have lowered my CA price to:

$1,795 shipping included(double boxed) along with a very nice USB cable (in addition to the stock cable supplied)

Regards

Randy