IGNORED

upsampling

I tried many flavors in A+, I obtained (much) better results upsampling offline in RX3, I quit upsampling, I came back to upsampling (7/1.03/0.6), this morning I liked 12/1.05/0.6 better but finally decided to stop upsampling (yeah it might sound more defined but less organic and coherent...)

Am I deaf ?

(My DAC is a TEAC 501, upconvert off, sharp PCM filter)

Defined vs. organic and coherent; hmmm.

Defined? A violin sounds like a violin?

Organic? A violin sounds like a violin without pesticides?

Coherent? A violin that speaks good clear violin as opposed to nonsense violin?

Chris

And that's what's wrong with the world today..........too much violins.

Emily+LItella.jpg

Defined vs. organic and coherent; hmmm.

Defined? A violin sounds like a violin?

Organic? A violin sounds like a violin without pesticides?

Coherent? A violin that speaks good clear violin as opposed to nonsense violin?

Chris

Gasp ! has Le Concombre Masqué been so tired that he got unmasked as French ?

This being, the intended meanings are valid in English per my dictionaries, albeit maybe not the most current uses of those adjectives...

2 mark out the boundary or limits of: (as adj. defined) : clearly defined boundaries.• make clear the outline of; delineate: she defined her eyes by applying eyeshadow.DERIVATIVESdefiner nounORIGIN late Middle English (also in the sense ‘bring to an end’): from Old French definer, from a variant of Latin definire, from de- (expressing completion) + finire ‘finish’ (from finis ‘end’).

ORIGIN late Middle English: via Latin from Greek organikos ‘relating to an organ or instrument.’3 denoting a relation between elements of something such that they fit together harmoniously as necessary parts of a whole: the organic unity of the integral work of art.• characterized by continuous or natural development: companies expand as much by acquisition as by organic growth.

2 united as or forming a whole: divided into a number of geographically coherent kingdoms.

oRIGIN mid 16th cent. (in the sense ‘logically related to’): from Latin cohaerent- ‘sticking together,’ from the verb cohaerere (see cohere) .

Bluesman (Quote): And that's what's wrong with the world today..........too much violins.

I say (Quote): More Cowbell!

Mr. Dylan sez: (Quote):

You would not think to look at him

But he was famous long ago

For playing the electric violin

On Desolation Row.

One of the greatest songs ever written by the inkfish Zimmerman - Desolation Row is my nomination for the new (replacement) national anthem .

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

(yeah it might sound more defined but less organic and coherent...)

Alright, I'll be blunt. WTF does that mean as it relates to music? IOW, If I ask a salesman for less defined and more organic and coherent recordings can I expect to be satisfied. "Sure buddy, in bin A; all of those are certified to be less defined but more organic and coherent to boot. But, if you're just interested in more coherent try bin C#."

I was making a general comment as to the nebulous terms folks use to describe what they hear; you just happened to be the specific who got my comment.

Having said that, it would be interesting (to me at least) if you told us the differences you hear, in specific terms.

Chris

I tried many flavors in A+, I obtained (much) better results upsampling offline in RX3, I quit upsampling, I came back to upsampling (7/1.03/0.6), this morning I liked 12/1.05/0.6 better but finally decided to stop upsampling (yeah it might sound more defined but less organic and coherent...)

Am I deaf ?

(My DAC is a TEAC 501, upconvert off, sharp PCM filter)

No, you aren't deaf...!

Looking in several places for "organic music" definition everybody coincide in "natural" (as in real life), then non 'digitized' (like MP3?). Remember we are here in a digital world, or listening to music in his digital format.

Some people likes better, 'definition' (more details than in real life?).

I like better the "organic" presentation, but this is my taste.

Should I write (or translate) the "organic" definition to Corsican dialect? I don't think so, since music is the one and the only universal language, understood by everybody...!

Roch

Alright, I'll be blunt. WTF does that mean as it relates to music? IOW, If I ask a salesman for less defined and more organic and coherent recordings can I expect to be satisfied. "Sure buddy, in bin A; all of those are certified to be less defined but more organic and coherent to boot. But, if you're just interested in more coherent try bin C#."

I was making a general comment as to the nebulous terms folks use to describe what they hear; you just happened to be the specific who got my comment.

Having said that, it would be interesting (to me at least) if you told us the differences you hear, in specific terms.

Chris

Here i will substitute the chosen adjectives by their definitions :

MORE "make clear the outline of; delineate:"

LESS "denoting a relation between elements of something such that they fit together harmoniously as necessary parts of a whole"

LESS united as or forming a whole

That's as good as I can tell the differences I hear ; quite subtle anyway

No, you aren't deaf...!

Looking in several places for "organic music" definition everybody coincide in "natural" (as in real life), then non 'digitized' (like MP3?). Remember we are here in a digital world, or listening to music in his digital format.

Should I write (or translate) the "organic" definition to Corsican dialect? I don't think so, since music is the one and the only universal language, understood by everybody...!

Roch

j'en sens les herbes du maquis !

No, you aren't deaf...!

Roch

ORGANIC MUSIC: 1. Music played on an organ. (not a violin)

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

ORGANIC MUSIC: 1. Music played on an organ. (not a violin)

Tee hee...There's a Beavis and Butthead joke there!

You two men go that way...

QNAP TS-131P->2019 Mac Mini-> -> dCS BArtok  -> balanced XLR -> Nagra MPA ->Shunyata Research cables and Hydra 6 -> Acapella La Campanella 2 horn speakers and REL R-328 SubBase. HiFi Rack Reference audio stand.