IGNORED

Holy high Rez Batman!

Can we just have one, please (if needed, I''ll kill my earlier one, but two of the exact same threads seems silly)

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/latest-mac-rumor-itunes-introduce-24-bit-hirez-june-launch-20073/

I'm not sure 24-bit versions of abysmally recorded/compressed/mixed/mastered recordings made since 1982 when negligent labels permitted 16bit/44.1k to be sub-optimized should be very exciting.

Yet, I am still excited about it. What a desert :D

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

I'm not sure 24-bit versions of abysmally recorded/compressed/mixed/mastered recordings made since 1982 when negligent labels permitted 16bit/44.1k to be sub-optimized should be very exciting.

What?

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
Hi Guys - Please consider the source of the rumor. The former CA reader, now banned, Robert Hutton! I don't think anything he said in his blog post will happen.

Although he knows his provenance backwards ten ways to sunday, the source here is highly questionable. I find it very surprising that they would quote him.

It could be audios greatest gaff if it gets Apple to consider hi-res after Roberts claim and all the press it is whipping up

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Michael Lavorgna at AudioStream reports his sources say downloads will be 24\48. Apparently this is highest level ipod can natively play.

I'm not greedy, 24/98 would be great.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Michael Lavorgna at AudioStream reports his sources say downloads will be 24\48. Apparently this is highest level ipod can natively play.

I'm not greedy, 24/98 would be great.

There are so many "sources" it's crazy. You wouldn't believe how many people claim to know someone on the inside or claim to have talked to Apple about what it's doing etc... I've stopped believing all of them without at least a tiny hint that they could be correct.

P.S. And this is just concerning high resolution audio!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I shall repost this here for it seems relevant...

Rules for happiness and well being: #42. Disbelieve any Apple rumours till either (a) the product is listed in the Apple store or (b) Tim Cook (or one if his cohorts) stand up on stage and announce it's coming...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I shall repost this here for it seems relevant...

Rules for happiness and well being: #42. Disbelieve any Apple rumours till either (a) the product is listed in the Apple store or (b) Tim Cook (or one if his cohorts) stand up on stage and announce it's coming...

True enough.

David

Just curious -- I understand that Apple only licenses songs to consumers. We can't transfer them to others. Apparently, Bruce Willis was upset with this when he learned that his kids couldn't get his iTunes library when he died. (I don't know if that's true.)

Is it the same with hi-res sites like HD Tracks and eClassical? Would there still be a benefit of not buying songs from Apple?

Just curious -- I understand that Apple only licenses songs to consumers. We can't transfer them to others. Apparently, Bruce Willis was upset with this when he learned that his kids couldn't get his iTunes library when he died. (I don't know if that's true.)

Is it the same with hi-res sites like HD Tracks and eClassical? Would there still be a benefit of not buying songs from Apple?

If we take (1) the number of people who have someone wanting their music libraries when they die, and then contemplate (2) of those, how many are Apple, HDTracks, eClassical, etc., monitoring to ensure no transfers happen, then the resulting quantity are the folks who need to be concerned about this. :) (I have a feeling even Bruce Willis doesn't.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just curious -- I understand that Apple only licenses songs to consumers. We can't transfer them to others. Apparently, Bruce Willis was upset with this when he learned that his kids couldn't get his iTunes library when he died. (I don't know if that's true.)...

That would only apply to your music in the cloud plus your heirs would likely not be able to re-download music you purchased.

Since music services have no access to your hard drive or your backup drives, all you have to do is will your computer complete with music collection intact and backup drives. Your heirs can play all the music on your computer and add the music to other computers from your backup drives.

One more reason to use real backup drives instead of depending on the cloud, easy access for your heirs.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa