IGNORED

Northstar recording

Hello,

Just want to ask you guys if you have any experience with that label? Northstar Recordings

Any performance worth to check it somehow, what is their recording/sound quality? It seems that they don't sell downloads, but only SACD disks.

Thanks for any information,

Krzysztof

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Their recordings are outstanding as you can hear on the DCS site dCS: ONLY THE MUSIC. Highly recommended.

Thanks, but in fact there nothing to check on the website, but only few and it seems they do not offer any downloads from their original recording sessions right?

--

Krzysztof Maj

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Producing records or hires files is one thing, distribution another (most of the times). You asked for examples of their production as downloads and these you can find at the site I recommended. Recorded material from the sessions is usually mastered into appropriate material for production of CDs , SACDs , Bluerays , HiRes Files or whatever will come later. NOBODY is offering the original recording material and thats for a good reason ( Google for mastering audio ) .

Is Northstar not the equivalent of Polyhymnia? That is, they produce recordings for various labels. I notice in the list from the link above several I have, mostly on SACD.

Some are on Challenge Classics, others on Zig-Zag, Turtle and so on. First-class recordings, especially recommendable are the Combattimento Consort Amsterdam ones.

Unfortunately 24 bit downloads are not available, it seems, though you can sample some of list here:

Combattimento Consort Amsterdam - Télécharger et écouter les albums.

Is Northstar not the equivalent of Polyhymnia? That is, they produce recordings for various labels. I notice in the list from the link above several I have, mostly on SACD.

Some are on Challenge Classics, others on Zig-Zag, Turtle and so on. First-class recordings, especially recommendable are the Combattimento Consort Amsterdam ones.

Unfortunately 24 bit downloads are not available, it seems, though you can sample some of list here:

Combattimento Consort Amsterdam - Télécharger et écouter les albums.

Indeed, I've found these two very interesting with superb sonics for 10EUR each:

Biber: Sonatae Tam Aris Quam Aulis Servientes | Heinrich Ignaz Franz Biber par Combattimento Consort Amsterdam*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

Divertimenti | Joseph Haydn par Combattimento Consort Amsterdam*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

--

Krzysztof Maj