IGNORED

Disraeli Gears in 24/192 at HDTtracks

Concur, if you want to buy the best one it's the SHM SACD. Not sure if it's out of print, but it's only going to go up in price and I'd buy now.

The 'Disraeli Gears' SHM-SACD is available from both Acoustic Sounds and elusive disc for $59.99.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

The ProStudioMasters download manager seems to require the installation of Adobe Air which I do not want to install.

Have you folks installed it without any issues?

"The main problem with communication is the illusion that it has been achieved"

Auralic Aries & Vega / Pass Labs XP-30 / DSPeaker 2.0 / Pass Labs XA160.5 / mbl 101E mk2

The ProStudioMasters download manager seems to require the installation of Adobe Air which I do not want to install.

Have you folks installed it without any issues?

yes. you can always uninstall it once you make the download.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Thanks, I sent them a nice email and they sent me links to use instead. They also said that that they were revising their downloading method soon.

"The main problem with communication is the illusion that it has been achieved"

Auralic Aries & Vega / Pass Labs XP-30 / DSPeaker 2.0 / Pass Labs XA160.5 / mbl 101E mk2

I for one don't like the HDtracks Disraeli Gears (24/96). I find it loud and hard on the ears. Pretty much the same artificial sound as the HDTracks version of Layla. Maybe it's a system thing, but the rip of my old Polydor pressing of Disraeli gears (and Layla too for that matter) sounds warmer and more natural. Never heard the Mo-Fi or SHM-SACD so can't compare.

The Blind Faith download sounds fine though. Better than any cd-version I've heard.

Could someone post the Audacity for this?

Per your request (Acoustic Sounds 24/192 FLAC for Strange Brew):

Cream Strange Brew 1.png

Cream Strange Brew 2.png

Cream Strange Brew 3.png

I don't own a CD version so I can't compare sound quality. The graphs look odd to me, though. Very noisy above 18kHz.

Best,

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

The Blind Faith download sounds fine though. Better than any cd-version I've heard.

I like this much better than my CD copy. The graphs don't say it should be to my eye, but the compression appears low (didn't run that, actually…I might later). You can see they have the drums on the left and that shows up in the waveform graph.

It must sound better due to 24 bits and new mastering because there isn't much info above 18kHz (but less noise that the Cream album).

Blind Faith Can't Find My Way Home 1.png

Blind Faith Can't Find My Way Home 2.png

Blind Faith Can't Find My Way Home 3.png

Best,

John

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

I like this much better than my CD copy. The graphs don't say it should be to my eye, but the compression appears low (didn't run that, actually…I might later). You can see they have the drums on the left and that shows up in the waveform graph.

It must sound better due to 24 bits and new mastering because there isn't much info above 18kHz (but less noise that the Cream album).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11875[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11876[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11877[/ATTACH]

Best,

John

Because I posted both the Cream and the Blind Faith graphs, I wanted to be very clear that the second posted graphs are are the HDTracks 24/192 of Blind Faith "Can't Find My Way Home" track.

John

Got this reply form Acoustic Sounds today:

We have received confirmation that all of the Cream PCM titles that we are offering for sale were transferred from the analogue master tapes by Seth Foster and not sourced from any other conversion. This confirmation only applies to the content that we are currently selling as we are unable to make providence claims on products sold by other vendors. Hopefully this helps, please do not hesitate to contact us with any other questions you may have. We look forward to fulfilling all of your audiophile needs in the future.

I'm now going to buy one or more of the titles from AS, even though I could get them for a couple of bucks less elsewhere. They deserve support for providing good customer service, unlike most of their competitors.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

As posted previously, I bought the 24-96 of Live Cream Vol 2 from AS.

Just did a quick comparison to my MFSL (Redbook) version.

They both have the same average DR, 12.

As far as sound, the new hi-res is slightly more forward sounding - as if you're a little closer to the stage, slightly clearer. I think you can hear detail just a bit better and the more forward soundstage makes it seem as if you can hear everything better. So I prefer the new download, but the difference isn't huge. Not sure the difference is enough to make me want to buy the rest of the catalog again - probably not, as I already have DCC/MFSL versions of the albums.

BTW, both the 2 remasters are way better than my old standard CD and my original LP from back in the day.

Well then...........I'll have to buy Wheels of Fire. I think I'll stick to the 24/96. I don't think (dangerous) there's any advantage to 192. Manana en la manana and I'll report back.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the 24/192 of Wheels of Fire and it is killer. I'll post up the numbers soon. At first listen I'll give it the edge over my DCC go-to issue.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Live Wheels of Fire: It has a lot more punch on my quick listen. The live to me is a bigger difference than the studio material.