IGNORED

Router and Ethernet Switch suggestions

12 minutes ago, rickca said:

So what motherboard and CPU are you using now?

Same cpu, an i7-6700k with a new motherboard, an Asus Rog Strix Z270G enabling two direct to cpu slots for my USB and Optane (boot) cards. The old z170 motherboard only has a single x16 pcie slot so previously the Optane card was in a PCH connected m.2 slot.

There is an immediate SQ benefit. The SQ improvement is either coming from enabling the Optane card in the second direct to cpu pcie slot, or the old board was just tired, or the newer board is just a higher quality design. Actually it's probably a mix of all of the above.

I am thrilled with the results.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

• 7 months later...
On 5/10/2018 at 2:18 PM, charlesphoto said:

Get a used Cisco 2960-8TC-L and never look back. Trounced my Netgear switch with ground shunting. Superior clocking, PHY layer etc, and with a built in SMPS one doesn’t have to worry about extrenal power options. 

Hi

I have just acquired a refurbed 2960-8TC as the first part of my attempts to build a fibre network for audio

A couple of quick questions if I may

What SFP module(s) do you use?

What settings in terms of QoS aand so on do you use, if not defaults?

Cheers

• 5 months later...
On 5/11/2018 at 7:11 AM, charlesphoto said:

So much so I bought a second one top go to via the SFP fiber out to one right before the microRendu,

I JUST BOUght 2 cisco 2960 switches 10/100mbts for 70usd including shipping.

I want to connect them by SFP. Any suggestion for transceiver and cables? Best options? Single mode since i read its better for whatever it means....

Any recommendation please!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 7:42 PM, Ricardo007 said:

I JUST BOUght 2 cisco 2960 switches 10/100mbts for 70usd including shipping.

I want to connect them by SFP. Any suggestion for transceiver and cables? Best options? Single mode since i read its better for whatever it means....

Any recommendation please!

‘Sonore opticalModules