IGNORED

What is "better" sound to you?

Better music? It must be visceral to be better.

How? Dynamics (high sensitivity speakers, lots of speed from the drivers, and able to push huge volumes of air effortlessly). I want to feel the music when it isn't loud and I want the system to always seem like it has more in the wings if needed.

So said the man with eight 15" drivers and two large AMT tweeters that have a surface area of 8" drivers each. Moving air with ease and speed is where it is at for me…

Best,

John

P.S. Everything else matters, too, like room treatments, etc etc etc…but without the dynamics and moving lots of air, the magic doesn't happen and I don't have that visceral reaction of pleasure when the music plays.

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

I like the way you word this . . .

I think the more analytical I become the easier I miss the emotional envolvement I should be seeking. If I relax, take time I find myself either more envolved or less envolved. At that point I believe, for myself, that there is a value difference, better or worse.

+1

I have also found that once I got to a certain level of sound reproduction, I stopped worrying if something would help improve the sound and instead focus on enjoyment of the music.

Further, I've long held that our emotional state affects our enjoyment of the music. The old saying that when you're happy, you understand the music and when you're sad, you understand the lyrics is so true for me. Of course it is much more complex (and often more intense) than that and, I believe, interactive when you can connect emotionally to your music being played in your home.

Best,

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification