IGNORED

hum from a pc any thoughts

hi guys

getting hum from my pc" its plugged into a filtered socket, changing cables for the audio output does nothing, the hifi is silent if i unplug the pc, the case is a veryspecial case so i am unsure as to how to make the unit silent? any thoughts god bless raju

I'm assuming you mean there is an electrical hum through your amp/speakers when connecting the PC for playback.

How are the PC and HiFi connected? Optical or Coax or USB to a DAC? or an analog connection to internal sound card?

Is the PC connected to the same power socket as the rest of the HiFi?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I'm assuming you mean there is an electrical hum through your amp/speakers, when connecting the PC for playback. How are the PC and HiFi connected? Optical or Coax or USB to a DAC? or an

analog connection to internal sound card? Is the PC connected to the same power socket as the rest of the HiFi? Is the PC connected to the same power socket as the rest of the HiFi?

thats right had it for a while used to be miner now its grown. yes phono connections to a motherboard. the hifi has a very expensive power condioner and cable system while the pc goes intoa surge block on a seperate socket. i also put on there russ andrews silencer to try to help.

any thoughts anyone as with a blacksilence for the mo the pc would sound rather nice

god bless raju

Can you plug the PC into the HiFi's power conditioner? Try that and see if it cures the problem.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.