IGNORED

Meeting Room Post

Chris, I am starting this post with no focus point. Sometimes I just want to say whats cooking or whats on my mind or what I am feeling and so on. It can also surve as the pulse of the forum when things are slow and can be a launching pad for serious posts. Team, Anything Goes!

Ill start it off :)

A friend dropped off his cd collection while he is in the process of moving and rebuilding. Its hot, humid, dusty and he is scared of theft! So I volunteered to keep a close eye on the collection ;) Its hard work, but enough of that its time to listen to some music!

jr

Cool idea ! I'm about to hook into some housework before back to work tommorrow. This would normally be a chore but not when you put on a playlist and put the volume up ! :) They do need to invent a silent vacuum though!

PS3 60bg (160GB installed + Native music Browser)-AVI ADM9.1-Klipsch SW12 Subwoofer-Belkin Power Board- Custom power cables-Supra Sub Cable- No Name Toslink Cable - PROUD NZer

Hehe, thats why I'm so keen on a multi-room / multisource system! Wifey listening to her music in lounge - me to mine in garage working on my bike - future child/teen listening to their music which I can monitor/turn off at anytime (Dinners ready!)

PS3 60bg (160GB installed + Native music Browser)-AVI ADM9.1-Klipsch SW12 Subwoofer-Belkin Power Board- Custom power cables-Supra Sub Cable- No Name Toslink Cable - PROUD NZer

I like the thread.

The idea of a silent vacuum cleaner is great. Maybe we could take things further and have a bit perfect vacuum cleaner though: so all the bits on the carpet or floor are transferred to the hoover bag without interruption. We could even test for that! Awesome.

We could also get some input from Eloise - vacuum's are a girl thing afterall ... ;-)

HTPC: AMD Athlon 4850e, 4GB, Vista, BD/HD-DVD into -> ADM9.1

>>We could also get some input from Eloise - vacuum's are a girl thing afterall ... ;-)

Sources: iPad Air 3, iPhone 8+, Asus Chromebook C201-PA

DAC/AMP: Hidisz S8, Astell & Kern XB10 Bluetooth module

IEM's: Fiio FA1, Hidisz Seeds, Fiio FH1S, Shouer H27, BGVP KC2, KZ ZS10 Pro's, (and several lesser iem's and earbuds)

Accesories: Various MMCX and 2-pin cables.

-----------------------------------------

Professional pianist, composer - master improvisationist.

At last ... an excuse ... here's my vacuum cleaner ...

DSC00149.JPG

Unfortunately she's never satisfied what ever recording of the Brandenburg Concertos I play in iTunes - I think secretly she's an analogue devotee.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Maybe if you guys played "how much is that doggy in the window" you might get a better reception ?

Eloise - the look on your dog's face ... it's like "dunno what you're doing, but get it over with so I can get back to sleep" .. !

Cool.

HTPC: AMD Athlon 4850e, 4GB, Vista, BD/HD-DVD into -> ADM9.1

Multiroom/multisource will be via Sonos- also can be acheived with Apple with AppleTVs and Airports aswell.

I used to work in small appliances and I once took home an electrolux Trilobyte that vacuums by itsself. At the time it was the equilent of $1500 US - another option is the ROOMBA which is to a triolbyte what a mini system is to a component setup! ie cheap/light and noisy!