IGNORED

Lampizator questions

Is it possible to get the GG as a DSD only DAC without PCM?

Matt

Certainly, and it costs a bit less. i would get the PCM though, as its extremely good and is slated to get better as Lukasz tinkers, plus its better for resale value, for those who like to trade up. However, if you are an ultimate purist, then I can see you going for DSD only like Elberoth.

Bruce Brown has a Balanced Golden Gate on order. He says if it arrives on time, he will demo it at next month's Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. That would be very interesting - looking forward to that possibility!

I heard he should be getting it this week or next week the latest...

One thing to note about the L7, it is a beast size wise in both length and in height (due to tubes). Not a bad thing mind you, just something to consider in your rack/space. I was prepared prior to receiving mine, but it's still a bit of a "shocker".

I have maybe 70hrs~ into mine, mainly on PCM and have now switched over to the DSD circuit and am just in awe (both circuits). Sat down on Saturday and 7hrs gone in an instant. Geeez.

Seriously, I'm actually a bit peeved as I am not getting anything else done! Lukasz certainly has something special going on in his product lineup.

My rig

I have maybe 70hrs~ into mine, mainly on PCM and have now switched over to the DSD circuit and am just in awe (both circuits). Sat down on Saturday and 7hrs gone in an instant. Geeez.

Seriously, I'm actually a bit peeved as I am not getting anything else done! Lukasz certainly has something special going on in his product lineup.

Any particular music downloads in DSD and PCM that are keeping you up these days that you would recommend to other Lampizator owners? :)

Thank you Roch!

Did you try the 5Z4GY(CV1863) Brimar's in the earlier link LMC?

I bought a pair but they do not light up in my Big7, seems like I am missing a pin on these tubes!!!

Went ahead and ordered a set of the Mullard's recommended by elcorso so hopefully better luck.

EDIT: Just had a little recollection that maybe my Big7 was not built for these rectifiers, looks like you guys are discussing the later Big7....hard to keep up with all these changes.

Looks like I will have to consider an upgrade at some point in the future to "Big7a" but still sounds good today as it is.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

No Pearse,

There has been no change to the basic circuit of the (single)rectifier. Every 5v recti, both DH and IH should work. The pinout is the centre suppoort with 5 pins.

Perhaps the tubes you have are dead or is it that you have the double rectifier 6x5 type (2x2.5v). If so, ONLY 6x5gts will work and you do have to send back for this to be changed. Having the single recti means more rolling ability, not just brands but TYPES of 5v rectis with different voltage drops specs, etc.

Thanks Norman, that explains it as I have the older twin Recti Big7.

Need to do some homework on Rectifiers.

Cheers, Pearse.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

Any particular music downloads in DSD and PCM that are keeping you up these days that you would recommend to other Lampizator owners? :)

My native DSD is limited (but growing!) in comparison but many great recordings at 2L, channel classics, Acousticsounds etc.. Otherwise a lot of upsampling PCM to DSD

A short list

PL.JPG

My rig

Anyone made the 256 DSD upsampling in Jriver work with the Lampi ?

I recently got the Jriver 21, hoping the the new 4x DoP feature would work, but no luck.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Anyone made the 256 DSD upsampling in Jriver work with the Lampi ?

I recently got the Jriver 21, hoping the the new 4x DoP feature would work, but no luck.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but why not just use the 4x ASIO/Native option in JRiver? Like the vast majority of USB interfaces, the USB interface in the Lampi can't receive 4x DSD DoP.

KLD

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i