IGNORED

Lampizator questions

The PS Audio DirectStream sells for $5,999 according to their web site.

DirectStream DAC | PS Audio

PS Audio Direct Streams can be bought for $3400-3500. PS Audio will give you a free PWT transport if you pay the $6K for the DS! PM me if you want to know where to buy at that price. I've had 2 offers from PS Audio dealers. You just don't get a money back 30 day trial. :-) You bought it and don't like it? Sell it on e-bay.

So if one were looking in the $2k-3k'ish space that did pcm and DSD really well, is the Amber a top contender to say - Vega, qb9, direct stream, W4S dac-2 DSD etc..? (Subjective of course)

I did hear the eXasound series of DACs at AXPONA a couple weeks ago. They sounded very nice. The e22 is ~$3500 and does up to 256 DSD. (and they have their own ASIO driver for Macs to do that, too)

• 1 year later...

Any DAC will "play an MQA file (stream) - raw (no MQA processing) or "unfolded" by an app like Tidal. But, the last step of the MQA process is actually in the DAC with a MQA developed filter to "correct" the time blur of that DAC. If the DAC can do the last "rendering" (as it is now being called) you get to put a blue light on the front that indicates when it is receiving a MQA stream.

Bottom line, I'm not sure any Lampi DACs are MQA capable - meaning the last rendering part. The Facebook page doesn't indicate that the DACs are MQA capable.

Send them an email!

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

There should be TWO second parts, ie 3 things done. 1)unfolding 2)Filter correction....both constitute the MQ part.

The A part is 3) Auntentication. This is the digital signature represnting the verification the artists signed off on this "remix".

Right. The MQA capable DACs can to it all. The software decoders - Tidal , Audirvana and soon to be Room - only do the "unfolding".

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, leftside said:

What are all the components in your system and how are they chained together? For example, my setup is rather simple: Laptop -> GA over USB. But, I'm thinking of something like a dedicated audio PC or an ultrarendu.

If I remember correctly you have the Ladder module so DSD256 max, correct?  The new Amanero firmware / driver is supposedly nearing a final version, but I understand there are 2 versions- one that supports DSD512 on Windows and DSD256 on Linux and one that supports DSD512 on Linux but lower on Win.  It seems a choice will need to be made and your endpoint (NAA, renderer, etc.) may drive the choice.  Or, if you are up for getting a new endpoint you can choose one based on the firmware.   Linux DSD512 might be a really good thing.  I've enjoyed the sound of my Bootcamped UpTone powered Mac Mini NAA with the Win ASIO at DSD512 but the sound of an ultraRendu or similar product running a Linux based OS may be even better!

• 2 months later...
On 9/11/2017 at 5:56 PM, unbalanced output said:

Does anyone know what is the power rating of the Atlantic transformer (i.e. in VA)? Just interested in sizing some isolation for it.

Did anyone get back to you on this?  If I remember correctly the Atlantic has a 100W and the Golden gets a bump up to 150.  I would expect a 250VA Topaz (smallest they make) would do fine.

1 hour ago, extracampine said:

A few of the above posters have mentioned using a microRendu or ultraRendu with their Lampizator.

I have an Atlantic Plus balanced with VC (manufactured Dec 2016) with DSD256. Would this work with the ultraRendu, or is there some issue with the Amanero?

Im not sure if they have everything figured out on the Amanero with Linux, yet.  @bogi?

last I heard there were 2 versions of firmware, one for each Win and Linux, but not one that will do all rates on both.  I suggest contacting Lampi NA.  Dean or Richard can give you the straight story.  ?

2 hours ago, extracampine said:

This user for example seems to use an ultraRendu with their Atlantic. Keen to hear further info! PS - whats Lampi NA?

It may be limited to 128 DoP.  (384 PCM).  @t_ram what rates do you play and is it DoP or native DSD?

aaahh you may not be in North America or, NA.  Find your distributor, or did you get it direct?

• 3 years later...
19 minutes ago, quanghuy147 said:

I read some reviews and learned that Amber 3's sound signature is full of texture, warm and non-fatiguing. Is it true? If it is then it's a perfect match for my system which is very detailed and tiring at some high notes. 

Also, I was looking for a used Amber 3 and found that there are a few people sold Amber 3 just after a few months. I wonder what's wrong they found with Amber 3? 

Possible that they just buy a better Lampizator. Many people do.