IGNORED

Lampizator questions

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Nikko1960 said:

I posted this in the HQPlayer upsampler forum also.

Is anyone using HQP with a Lampizator DAC please?  I have a Baltic 3 on order, hopefully arriving next week.  Unlike my current DAC, which is limited to DSD128, the new one accepts up to DSD512.  Since I like using HPPlayer's DSD5EC/Sinc-L combo, I was about to order a basic spec M1 Mac Mini to upsample to DSD256.  That seems to be as far as we can go with current CPU tech and the EC modulators.

However, the Lampi dealer was telling me not to bother, that PCM works much better with Lampis.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

I don't think Lukasz would include DSD functionality if he didn't think it was as good as PCM. I have a Lampi DAC and I listen to both PCM and DSD and I like both, I dont find the DAC performs better on one or the other.

No electron left behind.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, zerung said:

2. Long time ago I used the Rendu, then Ultrarendu - both with Regen. They were good, But dedicated, proper streamer like Auralic, etc. streets above the rendu, etc.

I have wondered about this on more than one occasion. I currently use a Signature Rendu SE Optical into the JL Audio USB board into my Pacific, and I upsample with HQPlayer with a dedicated machine. I don't think there is a streamer powerful enough to match what HQP can do.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, mikicasellas said:

Look forward to your findings

( I hope this approach don't mess with the line of this thread, im sorry if I did it )

Im trying to get a better idea if my actual Terminator II competes favorably with the following DACs:

- Lampizator Baltic 3

- Sonnet Pasithea

- SW1X DAC II BALANCED

By the way, using the T-II with HQP in the next configuration , takes the T-II to the very best it can achieve, and so my doubt is if any of these excellent DACs using HQP with their limited rate limit would be even better although they don't go as far as the T-II 

image.png.393ff768de527cc5c95cb6a5096aaae8.png

Is there a noticeable difference from PCM 768khz to 1.536mhz?

No electron left behind.

2 hours ago, mikicasellas said:

Not quite, DSD-Like in HQP sound more smooth in my system but not the way I like it, even my DSD64 albums sound better in my PCM 1.536mhz config

I'm going to speculate that this is very DAC specific and a result of the way your DAC handles DSD being an R2R DAC.

No electron left behind.

6 minutes ago, mikicasellas said:

It is the Denafrips T-II

I have tried several times trying to squeeze the SDM output mode on HQP and for my ears the openness and liveness of the PCM 1.536mhz was better than the SDM....But after reading your comments, You left me thinking, so I tried again, using Poli-Sync-mp or Closed Form  with DSD5v2 256 +fs, I can listen to same PCM but even better ( you are right ), its about the same but is more silky on the HF...issue is a lot of drops and temperature went so high that I had to turn the server off, and I had to go down from 96000000 to 32768000 with less drops but SQ was not as good and temps also were very high.

My server is fanless and my guess is that I will have to upgrade my CPU/MoBo and pipes on the server:

Any suggestions ?

SERVER:

- HDPLEX H5 Fanless Case

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO XIII Z590

- Intel i7-10700K

- TAIKO DC-ATX

- Apacer 2666 Industrial ( 8GB )

- Optane 58GB 

image.thumb.png.5119cc26f9428b71cd13dfb08873e6ba.png

My only suggestion is, listen to what you like! If you like high rate PCM, then you should listen to that.

No electron left behind.

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Blake said:

Yes, for sure those variables as well as things like power supply are much more important than the USB module du jour.  Lampi now has a new digital engine offering, Engine 11, but I'm off the DAC and other audio gear merry-go-round, I'm very satisfied with where I'm at.  

It's my understanding they also will retrofit the Pacific with the same USB input as the Horizon DAC

No electron left behind.