IGNORED

XLD Burned Disks not playing in some CD players- setting issue or cheap disks?

bixby

I have been trying to burn some files from CDs I have ripped to my NAS back to blank CD so my daughter can play them on her bedroom stereo CD player. I open the album folder as a disk in XLD and have the correct offset for the drive. It burns but will not play in her CD player but does play in her laptop and it works in my car.

Is there a setting I am overlooking to make it compatible with all CD players? Or is it a problem with the cheap Verbatim disks? Or an issue with the new burner I bought to replace the last one that crapped out?

Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated.

Since the discs work in a computer, I don't think it's your drive or the cd media quality. I'm not near my computer to look at XLD right now (which is what I use also), but if no one has chimed in with a real answer by the time I can look at my XLD settings, I'll see if I can suggest something.

It's certainly plausible that your choice of CD-R is not physically compatible with your daughter's player.

To rule this out, use the same media, but burn a test disc using different software or computer. If that test disk plays, then you know you do not have a CD-R compatibility problem.....

I have been trying to burn some files from CDs I have ripped to my NAS back to blank CD so my daughter can play them on her bedroom stereo CD player.

Bryston BDP-3 > Bryston BDA-3 > Levinson 526 > Levinson 532 > Revel Salon2