IGNORED

Crowd funding...

I see a big distinction between a company needing the money and a company wanting the money. What do you think?

I agree Jesus ... there is also a distinction between the Kickstarter scheme, where you are pre-ordering a product and Indigogo where you are providing funding to develop a future product.

The former should have no risk to the consumer, the latter is a complete punt.

I assume you saw the previous discussion on crowd funding?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Three cheers Jesus!

It is one thing for a couple of people starting out, but for Neil Young, or an existing company? Sorry. Bring it to bear, if it is good people will buy it. The LH Geek thing has me floored. Everyone is so excited and throwing them money for something that no one has even built, let alone heard. WTF? I am hoping it is a POS personally. Maybe teach some lessons. Unless that is, that the expectation bias is so strong that it is automatically a great product...

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

The LH Geek thing has me floored. Everyone is so excited and throwing them money for something that no one has even built, let alone heard. WTF? I am hoping it is a POS personally. Maybe teach some lessons. Unless that is, that the expectation bias is so strong that it is automatically a great product...

Warning, off thread post:

The Geek Out usb dongle headphone dac/amp is shipping now and in the hands of a number of users. It is still early in the process, but in terms of sonics, so far the reviews are extremely positive from consumers and one professional reviewer (soon to be posted on Part Time Audiophile).

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I agree Jesus ... there is also a distinction between the Kickstarter scheme, where you are pre-ordering a product and Indigogo where you are providing funding to develop a future product.

The former should have no risk to the consumer, the latter is a complete punt.

Eloise: I've noted you saying something to the above affect previously. While there are certainly multiple differences between Kickstarter and Indiegogo, I don't think the risk difference to the backers is much different. Certainly not in the way you have stated.

Yes, a primary difference is the "hit the goal or get nothing" of KS, versus being able to keep the money regardless with Indiegogo. But creator pays a 9% fee to Indiegogo if you don't hit your goal and want to keep the money (only 4% if you hit the goal). And with both systems, the money does not go to the creator until after the campaign has ended (though with Indiegogo the backer does get charged before the campaign ends).

Eloise: I've noted you saying something to the above affect previously. While there are certainly multiple differences between Kickstarter and Indiegogo, I don't think the risk difference to the backers is much different. Certainly not in the way you have stated.

I think somewhere I've had a misunderstanding with Kickstarter - I was under the impression from somewhere that Kickstarter no money was collected until the product was shipping - I understand reading again that's wrong and funds are collected at the end of a (successful) campaign.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Yes... Well said Jesus..

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra