IGNORED

V-MODA XS 'CliqFold'(tm) Stereo Headphone Review

Hello thee

A very nice review. I have the M80 and am happy with them, I like the sound out them, the only negative I have against them is that they don't isolate well enough. But have some nice bass to them.

Cheers Frank

PC>JRiver> Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192> White Bird Amplification VIRTUS-01> Sennheiser HD650 headphones

PC>JRiver> Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192> Cyrus 6VS> Dali Zensor 1

Hello there. A very nice review. I have the M80 and am happy with them, I like the sound out them, the only negative I have against them is that they don't isolate well enough. But have some nice bass to them. Cheers Frank

Thanks - I think you can be confident you're getting 99 percent of the sound of the new XS. I have an M80 here and the difference isn't something to pay for unless you're buying one anyway. With my M80 or XS, when I first put it on the isolation isn't great because the pads are smooth and don't conform to my ears immediately. Same goes if I'm moving around rapidly and the headphone shifts. But if I sit still or walk straight and wait a couple of minutes, the isolation improves and so does the bass. I also bent the headband to get a more perfect ear fit.

Thanks - I think you can be confident you're getting 99 percent of the sound of the new XS. I have an M80 here and the difference isn't something to pay for unless you're buying one anyway. With my M80 or XS, when I first put it on the isolation isn't great because the pads are smooth and don't conform to my ears immediately. Same goes if I'm moving around rapidly and the headphone shifts. But if I sit still or walk straight and wait a couple of minutes, the isolation improves and so does the bass. I also bent the headband to get a more perfect ear fit.

I have had mine for quite a while now, I know its over a year and yep I done the bending trick to make them fit better. One thing I must say is how well they are made. Was on the tube in London today, and that's when they suffer a bit and on a windy day. But there is something about the sound out off them I just like.

May look for a set of in ears, how well do the M100 isolate?

Cheers Frank

PC>JRiver> Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192> White Bird Amplification VIRTUS-01> Sennheiser HD650 headphones

PC>JRiver> Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192> Cyrus 6VS> Dali Zensor 1

I have had mine for quite a while now, I know its over a year and yep I done the bending trick to make them fit better. One thing I must say is how well they are made. Was on the tube in London today, and that's when they suffer a bit and on a windy day. But there is something about the sound out off them I just like. May look for a set of in ears, how well do the M100 isolate? Cheers Frank

The M100 is at least average or better for closed headphones, so isolation really depends on the background noise. If you're in a small flat with a dishwasher running 15 feet away like I am, it's OK for a lot of music - EDM especially. But if I want to hear a symphony with all of the nuances of the many instruments, I wait until the dish washing is done.

The M -100's isolate pretty well and do a good job of keeping the music in too. They're not good in wind, no doubt due to the exposed bass vents. This can be fixed with the "tape mod" which is also supposed to tighten up the bass a tad. I'm going on what others have said; I'm quite happy with the sound stock.

I should say that the M's love power. I use my pair as portables and my phone can drive them to deafening levels if required but they sound a lot better when amped. The bass tightens up and transients hit a bit harder. It's not night & day but it is there. I use a Fiio E18 via OTG USB and they sound superb.

The one problem which lots of people have had is fit. For an over-ear design the ear cups are somewhat snug, to say the least. So much so that V-Moda developed the XL pads. These are not a lot bigger but big enough so that the low profile of the M's is retained but comfort is improved immeasurably. The sound also alters but not by much. To my mind there's a slightly deeper soundstage and a little more treble. YMMV.

The E18 is a great choice - really improves the sound. It's most noticeable if one listens with the amp for awhile and then switches to the portable player only right in the middle of the music. It's almost like "what happened to the sound?" - at least with Apple phones it's a big improvement.