IGNORED

Jimmy Kimmel Makes Up Fake Bands, Asks SXSW Hipsters About Them

It would be interesting to know how many people (on average) are interviewed to get the responses they want. I always wondered that when Jay Leno used to do the infamous interviews on the street and got those amazingly stupid responses.

You have to remember there is always a lot of material they don't use ... for everyone person you see interviewed they probably talked to 10-100 people who didn't give the response they wanted. They are probably primed by a researcher prior to the "interviewer" being brought in as well. In addition, a lot of people probably make the comments they think will please the producer/interviewer ... the 15 minutes of fame thing is a big lure to a lot of people.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

It would be interesting to know how many people (on average) are interviewed to get the responses they want. I always wondered that when Jay Leno used to do the infamous interviews on the street and got those amazingly stupid responses.

Chris

Yeh, exactly.

I really think a lot of the people interviewed -- but that we don't see -- said things like:

• "Never heard of it."
  • "Right. The Heavy Flows? That sounds like a joke name."
  • "Actually, I really love St. Paul & The Broken Bones! Did you hear them?"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++