IGNORED

Is Someone Playing Fast & Loose With Measurements?

I'd just like to receive the GeekOut that I pledged for in September at the Early Adopter level (among the first 300). I also backed the desktop Geek Pulse but don't know when that will ship.

Now I see that Light Harmonic is about to launch a new Kickstarter campaign for something called Aria, to go up against PONO. Geek Temple :: Topic: Can LH Labs Go Up Against Pono Player? (1/5)

Hmm...

I am not sure what is going on with LH's measurements, but Larry Ho did suggest that he would try and get the updated Dragonfly to re-measure.

I'd suggest that they stop with measurements and multiple future product planning and concentrate on getting the 10+ different products that everyone donated for out the door this year. Both GeekOut and GeekPulse have already slipped a couple of months, and for some configurations well beyond that. They are a small company and they are spreading themselves very thin what with altering the designs on the fly every week based on continuous suggestions from their "Geek Force." I am all for being responsive to your users and incorporating good ideas, but at some point one has to disengage from the noise, stick a fork in the design and call it done.

Think I am exaggerating? Spend some time over at: Geek Temple :: Category Index, look at all the configurations, promised products, and the time spent discussing future products (Aria to go against PONO?). It will make you wonder how a dozen people will be able to execute on it all. Please don't get me wrong: I like those guys and think what they are doing is great (I backed both campaigns and look forward to hearing/using the products), but having lived in the boutique audio manufacturing world myself for many years, I know the perils of over promising all too well.

Was not trying to bash LH, I am in fact pretty psyched with what they are doing... Just hoping they do not over extend themselves and run into trouble. And I am looking forward to receiving my Geek Out.

Same here. And I am following what they are doing mainly because they are one of the first to be developing a whole range of products "in public," with most of the process steps and missteps laid out for all to see, and taking feedback along the way. It is a grand experiment, most of which can be admired, some of which can be critiqued.