IGNORED

Wow! where did all the bass come from... :-) The Cat!

Sat down the other afternoon, switched on the stereo, turned it up as house was empty and Wow! too much bass!,

Lovely on the dance tracks but everything else way way too Much! :-O ... what had happened ?

Took me a while checking through system set up etc, and eventually noticed the ports at the back of the speakers had no bungs..

Who had taken them out, the wife knows not to touch, the children know not to touch, we had not had any new toddlers around as far as I knew, mother in law knows not to touch, could not find the bungs anywhere... Ah lets take the speakers apart, and hay presto!

Re-positioned them all back to normal, and yes I think I will adjust them slightly to give just a tad more bass :-)

After 5 mins or so heard a little scratching sound and there was my cat at the back of a speaker with his arm pretty much all the way in one of the ports! He looked up, very pleased with him self, as if to say Daddy Look I have found a new game, obviously seeing the look on my face, he ran, LOL I did!

Thanks to the cat I will be re-tuning the bung size to give just that little more bass.

Cheers to my Cat :-D

Hi Cat. Silly American question here.

What is a bung?

Isn't that what you use for imbibing illicit substances?

<grins>

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Nice story. A Bung is also what a football (soccer) manager used to get when he advised his club to buy a certain player. The "bung" came from the players agent. Usually in the form of a roll of pound notes. A speaker port would be a good place to hide them

I know.. from what I have read I should have non ported speakers..

Not necessarily. Most ported speakers are more efficient than sealed ones. What you probably need are speakers with ports at a height your cat can't reach.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron