IGNORED

This combines my two favorite stupidly expensive hobbies

Ryan seems to be a "push the limits" kind of guy…

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

Aquarium Music Server -- A super performance audio computer built into an aquarium

Tweaking it will require a certain determination and a service pit:

"Mineral oil has the dielectric constant of teflon, helps to damp vibration, and allows us to fully submerge the CPU/Motherboard in liquid."

But possibly it comes with a service contract ...

Primary ::= Nabla music server | Mutec MC-3+USB w/ Temex LPFRS-01 RB clock | WLM Gamma Reference DAC; Secondary ::= Nabla music server | WaveIO | PrismSound Lyra

With a thousand watts of dissipation you could deep-fry your dinner to go with the music. 5 GHz is some heavy duty on-the-fly transcription of music formats.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

I have seen the serious over clockers do this quite often, but - $18,000? This is obviously some kind of sick joke aimed at audiophiles by some ratbag... :)

For $18k, one could do, this and add some great sound too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11408[/ATTACH]

Mine was better than that at its best. The ambient noise would have been incompatible with a sound system. $18K is probably a mid to low estimate, fwiw.

My wife insists it is a joke.

She is probably right.

The mineral oil would slowly dissolve the acrylic. They would have to use a glass tank. Also, what is the likelihood their "server" and its various cables is oil-proof and leak-proof? Why would they keep the cheap fluorescent light thing in the top. IIRC, that thing also has a filter build into the top.

One has to wonder how many of those they've sold.

aquarium devotees may be even more nuts than audiophiles. combine the two and I'm sure oodles of money can go down the drain...

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hahaha! I thought it was going to be auto racing! Core Audio cracks me up for many reasons. It would not be very nice for me to disparage them here, suffice it to say they do some things I completely disagree with...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Mine was better than that at its best. The ambient noise would have been incompatible with a sound system. $18K is probably a mid to low estimate, fwiw.

That's a DIY tank done for pretty cheap if I recall correctly. Noise is a serious problem of course, though I am going to put up a micro or pico tank next week..

Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Speaking of dual purpose computer chassis:

caffeine machine.jpg

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Get LEDs: eg Kessil LED Lights

I am actually thinking of this little jewel. It come sin larger sizes of course, from 8g up to 120 or something like that. But a 4g Pico Reef sounds just - cool to me. Not sure how successful it will be without a skimmer, but 4g? Can do 20% water change every couple of days.

-Paul

Innovative Marine

im-nuvo-pico4.jpg

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein