IGNORED

New Led Zep remasters. Where's the Hi-Rez?

Well it doesn't say there aren't hi-res versions...maybe they are part of the digital downloads. I don't really think so, but we can hope.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Well it doesn't say there aren't hi-res versions...maybe they are part of the digital downloads. I don't really think so, but we can hope.

They are there guys. 24/96 (24/48 fpr tjhe live in Paris)

LED ZEPPELIN: Décollage dans 3, 2, 1…, vinyles, CDs et haute-résolution! (mais pas de multicanal) | Pulsion Audio

First Three Albums Newly Remastered With Previously Unreleased Companion Audio | Led Zeppelin - Official Website

Thanks fredh2, that actually makes more sense in today's market. Hopefully the hi-res will be easily available, and not just for those buying the super deluxe set. Your link sounds like the answer is yes, but we can never be sure.

Anyone hear what the expected release date is for the later Led Zep albums?

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Looks like the hi-rez files are to accompany the super deluxe box set. The FB link for digital downloads sent me to iTunes. Ugh...

Five (or so) in heavy rotation:

Van Halen - Studio Albums 1978-1984 (24/192) | The Eagles - Hotel California (24/192) | Robbie Robertson - S/T (MFSL) | Tord Gustavsen - The Well (24/96) | The Beatles - Rubber Soul (24-Bit)

There are 24/96 HR downloads with the Deluxe box sets. So this is just like the Floyd stuff unless HDTracks gets them too. Meaning not available unless you buy the Deluxe.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Why is all the British stuff only 96khz? Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull and now Led Zep. And The Wall still hasn't been done?

Maybe because a lot of industry people such as EMI don't think 192 has any advantage over 96 for playback, and may not even have their entire studio processing chain equipped for 192. I believe EMI stated as much in response to why their classical remasters were in 96 and not 192 or DSD.

Looks like the hi-rez files are to accompany the super deluxe box set. The FB link for digital downloads sent me to iTunes. Ugh...

If that is true it is more idiocy by record companies. All that limiting purchase of the hi-res digital to the deluxe set gets them is a lot of illegal downloading of the hi-res digital. Not appreciably more sales of the deluxe set.

I reckon these new releases amount to gouging.

I've owned the original Lp's, original CD's and lately the digital remastered CD's. Three complete purchases of the entire catalogue. Plus I've ripped them to my computer.

In saying that, I'm very interested in the Hires versions 24/96 of original albums. And will get them.

I think we have heard enough live versions.

Get this, the digital remastered versions of all albums which must have been redone at 24/96 but released at 16/44. They could have released them at the same time, I for one would have paid more for them.

Pink Floyd's 24/96 version's were only available if you bought the entire box set. This is following the same Hendrix road extract every last music note ever played by them.

A fine example of record companies last gasps to extract more money as they slowly sink into obscurity. This money is coming from the largely over 50's. I'm 58 and always loved the Zepp machine.

When we are gone what will they do?

Robert

Robocop, I think they're gouging too. Each set should be $99 at the most. They're trying to give the impression that it's collectable but they'll flood the market with overpriced sets. Effectively pocketing the money up front that you would make by holding onto it if it was reasonably priced. For $140 people will hold back and then the distributors will have a glut of them that they can't give away. I mean of you buy the whole collection it will cost you over $1500?

With the Aqualung 40th it was the same price or less and you got DVDs and Bluray discs too. And there's still a lot of them for sale. Same with the Pink Floyd sets.

Does anybody know if these will use the original LP mixes like the Japanese SHM cd set, or the Jimmy Page remixes that were done in the 90's? I have to say I prefer the original LP mixes.

I didn't know they used the original mixes for the SHM-CDs? My friend has a couple of those and they sound very good. I wonder if Jimmy remixed them digitally or used an analog console in the 90's? Most albums I've heard usually benefit from a remix?

This uncertainty complicates peoples decisions to buy or not.

Led Zep web site says the first 30,000 box sets of each will be individually numbered. Thirty thousand!! How many unnumbered ones will they make after that!! They'll never be collectable. Not with the record company making all the money?

Even more evidence that the illegal downloads will flourish.

Discussions here are exactly why I feel HiRes and DSD will never succeed as formats. You guys are complaining and you already have 24/96 and 192 capability. Imagine if they released DSD versions and those that don't have DSD DACs ? It's hard to say if any die-hard Zep fans will go out and purchase the gear needed to playback the 192 stuff or the hypothetical DSD gear.

As to Zep, great band and music......terrible masters IMO. When compared to other artists of the same era such as Floyd or Black Sabbath, IMO the Zep stuff sounds grainy and disconnected. Maybe the remixes help, but there's only so much help mix down can do. Take Bill Ward's kick drum sound for example and compare it to Bonham's which IMO sounds like a cracked iron bath tub. Sure, the sound is a 'big' sound.......but not a good one.

Well......enough Zep bashing from me. They are in fact one of my all time favorite artists from a musical standpoint anyways.

I read that the master tapes were transferred to 24/192 digital files. John Davis did the remastering under Jimmy's "supervision". From reports, a web site named bullmoose has the super deluxe sets for ~$100. The owner posted that they will have an ample supply. I'm only interested in the 24/96 downloads too. I listened to III last night, the original release and the 1990 box version that I've ripped to HD. When you compare these to what's been done to part of the Floyd catalog they are sorely lacking, imo.

Hopefully this time round will be the charm.

On SH site someone made the statement this is the first time these are being released ever from master tapes and all other were from copies/2nd gen? I don't know if this is true or not.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain