IGNORED

dac recommandation

I need something better than the Peachtree Dacit x.

I must say i am verry impressed with the warm pleasant sound of the dacit but it lacks some resolution and micro details in de midrange and highs.

So i am searching for something with the same warm sound but with better resolution. No need for a usb implemantation because i am running the Sotm usb interface with superclock upgrade and battery power supply.

Thanks for the help.

Not more than 1000eur.
I recently upgraded from my MF V-LINK192 + Peachtreee DAC•iT to the NAD M51. The SQ of the M51 is smoother and more natural, with tighter bass, less sibilance and digititis on the highs, and more subtle detail. The remote-controlled digital volume control is wonderful, as I don't have a preamp. It's also a no-brainer if you want to integrate your home theatre video equipment (digital cable converter/DVR/DVD/Blu-Ray), as it has HDMI inputs/outputs.

I got mine from a USA dealer who sells a lot of audio trade show demo units and factory refurbs. I saved 25% off retail, very close to your price point. Not sure where you live, but they will ship.

Used, Demos & Specials

How about Chord QuteHD at £990. At a later date add a upgraded PSU to lift its performance further.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Just an out of the box solution - are you happy with the rest of your system? I am a little surprised to hear the DAC ITx isn't giving you details. It gives me almost too much detail. :)

But I second the NAD M51 if you can fit it into your budget. (1000 Euros is what, about 1400 USD?) If you are willing to go used, an Ayre QB9 might please you a lot. :)

A real out of the box alternative, supposing you are running JRMC. Try a $149 Schiit Loki and convert everything to DSD on the fly. :) That can be a real eye opener and may lead you to consider DACs like Mytek and Benchmark.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

I suggest that you add to your list the Metrum Octave DAC Mk2, 888€ with USB input.

I've found the Mk1 version very good.

David

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800

• 2 weeks later...