IGNORED

Cd properties???

Hi.

Ihave just got together an album of my music in .wav format and am about to try and burn a copy of it onto disk.

I'm having trouble changing the properties associated with each sons name. E.g Title: Duration etc...

It won't allow me to double click in the field or right click to change anything.

Can anyone help with this, thanks, Ste.

Hi CatManDo, thanks for getting back.

Each track is it's own individual .wav file.

The problem is that when I ricght click on one and then go to properties, on the desktop(before burning) it won't allow me to change any fields(time: duration: genre...).

I can change the track name but nothing else.

Do you see what I mean?

Cheers, Ste.

The metadata is often easiest to edit after ripping the CD. However, if you use iTunes, for example, you can go to "get info" and then change it prior to ripping. Also, I'm not sure you can edit the duration of the song…that is a function of the duration, not the metadata.

.WAV files are notorious for not letting you edit the metadata, of course, so perhaps a choice of format is at hand. I prefer .AIFF but others prefer .WAV so if you like .WAV then find a metadata editor that will let you (there is a tread on this topic recently…perhaps search .WAV on Computer Audiophile?).

Best,

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

ste

Are these tracks stuff you have recorded yourself, or rips from various CDs that you wish to make into a compilation CD ?

If they are rips from various CDs, I have yet to see any "Genre" information appear in the Properties information of any of the individual ripped .wav files when using E.A.C. for example.

Also, if you try to change "Duration" you will almost certainly cause errors. That is why it is likely to be unavailable.

Regards

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Hi CatManDo, thanks for getting back.

Each track is it's own individual .wav file.

The problem is that when I ricght click on one and then go to properties, on the desktop(before burning) it won't allow me to change any fields(time: duration: genre...).

I can change the track name but nothing else.

Do you see what I mean?

Cheers, Ste.

I think what you are describing is the file properties as it sits on your hard drive. That is not where you would be able to change anything other than the file name.

Also I don't believe WMP supports any metadata editing. I think Media Monkey does, but has been awhile since I used it. Audacity would do it also. You would need to import the audio into Audacity, then export it. Upon export it opens the metadata for you to make any changes. Not the most efficient approach, but would work.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Sorry, I misunderstood (burning, not ripping)….

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

I think what you are describing is the file properties as it sits on your hard drive. That is not where you would be able to change anything other than the file name.

Also I don't believe WMP supports any metadata editing. I think Media Monkey does, but has been awhile since I used it. Audacity would do it also. You would need to import the audio into Audacity, then export it. Upon export it opens the metadata for you to make any changes. Not the most efficient approach, but would work.

Alternatively; if you are looking to burn the files, install iTunes.

Import the WAV files into iTunes, edit the metadata then burn them. iTunes supports writing CD-Text (or at least did last time I burned a CD).

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Hi, thanks for all your advice, really appreciated.

I tried again to right click this morming and everything just worked fine. Not really sure what happened but it was a good result at the end of the day.

If I have problems again I'll definitely return to this thread, it's all good stuff.

Thaks again ,sTe. :0)