IGNORED

HDTracks 24/44.1 Rattle/BPO Downloads - Are They Studio Masters?

Artist | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads

I was under the impression that some of these recordings (especially those released on SACD) were 24/96 original recordings. Can anyone tell me if I am dreaming this up?

I would certainly jump for some later Rattle/BPO recordings (i.e. his Bruckner 9th, which I do believe to be 24/96) were the studio master downloads available.

I would certainly jump for some later Rattle/BPO recordings (i.e. his Bruckner 9th, which I do believe to be 24/96) were the studio master downloads available.

I own the Japanese SACD of Rattle's Bruckner 9 with the BPO and can say that this is one very, very fine recording, both musically and sonically.

The Holst Planets by Rattle was available on HDtracks in 24/44 first, long before the other Rattle downloads added this year. Then last year a 24/96 version was added, which has been removed again later (it's still in the FindHDmusic database, but the link is dead)

New High Definition Music Downloads | Find HD Music

This could either mean that EMI/Warner decided to offer these recordings limited to 24/44 only (for whatever reason) although the recording was made in 24/96, or that 24/44 is the recording resolution and that the 24/96 version of the Planets was found to be upsampled and therefore removed again by HDtracks.

Claude

• 2 weeks later...

HDTracks now has the Rattle Bruckner's 9th available, however it is only 24/44. I also thought (was hoping) that this would have been 24/96. I would love to know whether the 24/44 really sounds different from the ripped CD.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond