IGNORED

Upload my FLAC songs to Cloud and stream them from my phone and other computer

I have almost 5,000 FLAC (110 GB) and M4A songs on my computer. Problem is that HDD's fail and I would also like to listen to them on my Android and iPad without wasting the storage on the devices.

Is there a way to upload and backup my songs to a cloud or an app (like dropbox)?

Thanks!

Why would I want to keep my computer online 24/7 just to be sure I can access my music when I want?

Didn't know that there are people who turn of their computer instead of sleep mode.

But one reason could be to save cost for cloud services.

Sorry that I have tried to show you a possible solution.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Only that I have a notebook and I can't keep it online 24/7 so that I can listen to music when I'm not near it. It's a waste of the device's lifetime. I thought this is why cloud services are good in the first place.

I found on Wikipedia a comparison of 'music lockers' and Style Jukebox looks like an interesting app, giving the fact that it's available on all platforms and supports most of the formats I'm looking for.

I will give the free version a try. Has anyone else tried it?

Just took a look at Style Jukebox and it does look interesting but the 10,000 song limit and 100gb for the paid version at $2.99 per month is not going to work. I am pushing 80,000 songs and over 1tb of data. Interesting idea though.

Their website says 20,000 songs for Premium. I contacted them and found out it's 20,000 songs with limit of 1 GB per file. So basically I can upload my 110 GB of FLAC (~5000 files) and have 15,000 songs capacity for my other MP3 and AAC. Practically it's more than 100 GB. Probably 100 GB is estimation of 20,000 mp3s.

I will give a try for a month of Premium and still have a HDD backup of my music to see if it's worth continuing with them.

I will come back with some thoughts about it. Indeed the idea looks interesting and I'm pretty impressed until now.

Hi there,

your computer only needs to be on Wifi when you want to stream from it to another device.

It sounds like you want to stream from Dropbox (or Google Drive) which you can do with Liztic as well.

Does that work for you?

The free version of Liztic does not have a memory limit, only a limitation in the number of songs being managed.

Please let us know if we can help: [email protected]

Thanks!

I can't keep it online 24/7 so that I can listen to music when I'm not near it. It's a waste of the device's lifetime.

Your laptop is far more likely to be done in by advancing technology or your desire for more function than it is by being left on 24/7, assuming it's got some air around it to stay cool. My current media laptop has been on 24/7 for about 5 years now, and my web servers have been running constantly for longer than that. Turning most electronics on and off is much harder on them than leaving them on in an optimal environment and managing your power settings well.

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of these services work with Sonos? Cheers.

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra