IGNORED

Auralic DAC connections

Am new to this DAC stuff and do have a Bryston BP-25 preamp I can use with the Auralic. My question is how to hook the DAC to the Preamp. The BP-25 has XLR inputs but Im not sure If I could hook the DAC using XLR. I see from the Auralic user guide it also has Single-ended output, What connector/cable would I use for this?. Im not sure If Single-ended is RCA or Digital??? And do I use one or both of these connections?

Like I said, kinda new at this and appreciate any help folks here on CA can give.

greyscale

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

Am new to this DAC stuff and do have a Bryston BP-25 preamp I can use with the Auralic. My question is how to hook the DAC to the Preamp. The BP-25 has XLR inputs but Im not sure If I could hook the DAC using XLR. I see from the Auralic user guide it also has Single-ended output, What connector/cable would I use for this?. Im not sure If Single-ended is RCA or Digital??? And do I use one or both of these connections?

Like I said, kinda new at this and appreciate any help folks here on CA can give.

greyscale

Single ended is RCA. I would use the Balanced inputs / outputs (XLR Cables).... So Auralic outputs to Bryston Inputs...

Equipment:

Auralic Vega DAC, Auralic Taurus Preamp, KEF LS50 Speakers, Hypex Ncore400 monoblock amps, CAPs V3, Paul Hynes SR5 (12v and 9v rails), Audioquest King Cobra XLRs, Signal Cable speaker cable, Furutech power and USB cable

Single ended is RCA. I would use the Balanced inputs / outputs (XLR Cables).... So Auralic outputs to Bryston Inputs...

ejn1

Thank you for that very helpful reply.

greyscale

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.