IGNORED

Convert a spidif or I2S to USB ?

I have a USB converter it has several outputs spidif and I2S . Is there a way to convert back to USB ?

The product I have is an offramp 5

Al

Look at pro recording devices. Yellowtec Puc2 or Puc2Lite would work but it takes AES (the commercial version of SPDIF.) I'm pretty sure you offramp does AES?

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

I assume you are asking about a device where you can input an SPDIF signal and output a USB signal?

What do you want to do with the USB signal - record it on a computer or output it to a USB only DAC?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Output to a dac. Why I have a offramp and a audiophileo

the offramp has many outputs but no USB. Now most dacs do there best sample rates over USB. So any ideas. .?

No; devices like the Offramp and Audiophilleo are designed to allow a computer to connect to a DAC which offers best performance via SPDIF (or AES in some cases).

The only way to connect an SPDIF device to a DAC offering only USB would be to use a computer and route an SPDIF input to USB audio output.

Eloise

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

I am looking to use my offramp. It is a USB converter .

It inputs USB and converts to many output methods .

spidif , both coax and optical. HDMI and rj45 in I2S format. My dacs all have both USB and spidif. I am asking if there is a conversion method of going from spidif to USB .

Al

Output to a dac. Why I have a offramp and a audiophileo

the offramp has many outputs but no USB. Now most dacs do there best sample rates over USB. So any ideas. .?

Al

Ah, I didn't fully understand your intent. Yellowtec Puc2 won't work. It can capture from AES to a computer through USB. Essentially it's a 2 way USB/SPDIF converter.

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

I am looking to use my offramp. It is a USB converter .

It inputs USB and converts to many output methods .

spidif , both coax and optical. HDMI and rj45 in I2S format. My dacs all have both USB and spidif. I am asking if there is a conversion method of going from spidif to USB .

Al

If I understand right you are going USB to the Offramp which outputs SPDIF; but instead of connecting the SPDIF output to your DAC you want to convert the SPDIF to USB and connect USB to the DAC?

If I have that right then no; you can't do that.

Eloise

Eloise

---

Even if it would work, why? USB>spdif or i2s>USB again? I cannot see how that would do anything good beyond some isolation from the computer if indeed they create isolation

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Yes correct . Or use the I2S output it does not matter wiitch one I use .

al

Direct connect the USB from the computer and park the OR5, or use the OR5 to go between the Computer and the Dac and choose the i2s output for the OR5.

I am skeptical that most USBs terminals can touch a quality SPDIF implementation feed by a great converter though.

USB is the popular standard, but not really great for Audio as it needed alot of work to become good. Ethernet would have been the better choice, but the gate is long ago open and the hosre has bolted.

Only in a truly FULLY balanced setup. If even one part is SE, then its all for naught.

Yes, good point.

Much gear, even some expensive stuff, is not fully balanced even though they might look it by having an XLR connection. In that case one of the two signals is just dropped without the cancellation of noise benefit.

Direct connect the USB from the computer and park the OR5, or use the OR5 to go between the Computer and the Dac and choose the i2s output for the OR5.

I am skeptical that most USBs terminals can touch a quality SPDIF implementation feed by a great converter though.

USB is the popular standard, but not really great for Audio as it needed alot of work to become good. Ethernet would have been the better choice, but the gate is long ago open and the hosre has bolted.

I think Gordon Rankin has written some very interesting remarks about why AES is not good for digital audio. I also don't believe RCA coax is capable of true 75ohm, is it?

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote