IGNORED

Beats Music API issued anyone tranferred their MOG playlists??

cnet.com on march 7th said BM issued public API and source code for transferring MOG playlists!!! YES!( i also received email confirming this)

go to http://support.beatsmusic.com/hc/en-us/articles/210 183994 for transfer info

has anyone done this yet and was it successful? and if so were the playlists available on web based Beats Music site or just on mobile devices??

bobbmd

[email protected]

since no one apparently cares or is interested i will reply to my own thread!

Beats Music has started to transfer my MOG playlists!so it DOES work

the transfer is to my web browser NOT to a mobile device but i am using SAFARI because googlechrome is not playing Beats Music at this moment

the sound quality and sound field and separation of the MOG playlist i am currently listening to is BETTER than sound from one of the'curated' BM playlists i am also listening to- 'trinity sessions' by cowboy junkies-i can tell this because i had to up the volume on my schiit audio magni headphone amp for the BM cowboy junkies album and had to turn it way down for the MOG playlist selections

dont know if this is function of BM recording of 'trinity sessions' being streamed or not

i had my doubts about this BM(i called it an apt acronym) but with this 'transfer tool' and my ability to keep my hundreds of playlists and their issuance of public API and overall sound quality and the music they have 'chosen' for me to listen to(HOW DO THEY ALREADY KNOW WHAT GENRES I LIKE??) they may have a long term subscriber

their telephone and email support is fabulous-before i started the transfer tool they gave me an additional 7day free trial and answered my particular technical questions

however their 'people' again are way too young today this youngen also had no idea who the 'grateful dead' were let alone who 'phish' was!!

hope someone responds and i hope this info helps other MOG subscribers who were waiting for a playlist 'transfer tool'

bobbmd

You know, they don't charge you extra here to employ punctuation.

And capital letters cost the same as lower case!

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Touche,WG, but the way I type it's easier for me to do it my way. If it makes you and kumakuma feel better I'll try to use punctuation and capitals from here on out! But any comments on this BM development? As always WG, your comments always give me room for thought and chuckles(and good info)-thanks for answering I was feeling ignored,you also kumakuma.

bobbmd

Touche,WG, but the way I type it's easier for me to do it my way. If it makes you and kumakuma feel better I'll try to use punctuation and capitals from here on out! But any comments on this BM development? As always WG, your comments always give me room for thought and chuckles(and good info)-thanks for answering I was feeling ignored,you also kumakuma.

bobbmd

I only found this thread when I did a search for BM. Unfortunately I was looking for something else.

Can I see your badge first?

Sure. My badge says that I am the "friendly helpful member that tries to help out people that come here looking for information."

bobmd thanks for posting this. I have been watching the thread and need to do this myself. Do your favorites transfer over or is it just your playlist.

Sure. My badge says that I am the "friendly helpful member that tries to help out people that come here looking for information."

I'm going to have get me one of those.

Booster: just the playlists,not your favorites(but I have 200+ playlists), that site in my first post must include 13994 at the end of the stuff in blue-if that dosen't work write me back. My only concern is ONLY the first 2 of my playlist have been transferred-I don't know if this means anything or it just takes a 'tincture' of time. I am keeping my fingers crossed. What has been transferred actually has a 'better' sound quality than the 'curated' lists BM created for me without knowing what I like(do you think they looked at my MOG history?

Thanks for the reply

bobbmd

I did the transfer and it worked fairly well on mobile applications (ipad, iPhone) with only a few songs not transferable. It did not work so well on the MacBook Pro Firefox connection as the playlists were cut off after those starting with the letter D. I had about 25 playlists.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

findog 3103: Thanks for the reply. Sort of the same thing happend to me on Safari and Google Chrome only 2 playlists transferred. Beats support told me to clear my cache and cookies which i did on google(I have no idea how to do that on safari!) and then resubmitted my transfer request. The transfer restarted retransferring the first 2 playlists then i got 28 additional playlists and it seems to have frozen again both on safari and google-am awaiting a reply from BM. i have over 200 playlists, BM said there was/is no limit on the number of playlists that can be transferred. I don't own a smartphone or an iPad-if I have to buy one how do you play music from one of those through a DAC out to home high end system (which is the only way i listen)?

bobbmd

Bobbmd, I use an airport express with a toslink cable connected to my Lampizator dac. It works rather well.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5