IGNORED

Neil young announces the launch of ponomusic

Absurd...ironic...maddening...frustrating...humiliating.

Perhaps even more absurd and humiliating for Warner, if they only had the wit to realize it. Once again the industry fends off the prospect of a new income stream with both hands.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I don't get why Neil didn't make a DSD 2x player instead.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Neil's own albums are only on the site in Redbook. He posted to the "community" and said Pono hasn't been able to get Warners to release the hi-res versions to them. Discouraging.

Harvest and Storytone are available now in 24/192.

More Hi-Res Neil Young to be available in two weeks:

Neil Young (PonoMusic)

My first officialrelease series LPs 1-14 will all be available PONO on DEC 23, in 192 and some cases 176. Beginning with NEIL YOUNG, ending with REACTOR. Thanks, Enjoy!​

Harvest and Storytone are available now in 24/192.

More Hi-Res Neil Young to be available in two weeks:

Neil Young (PonoMusic)

My first officialrelease series LPs 1-14 will all be available PONO on DEC 23, in 192 and some cases 176. Beginning with NEIL YOUNG, ending with REACTOR. Thanks, Enjoy!​

As if high res matters for an album recorded with technology at least a half century old.

Do you have a link to this post? Thanks.

Unfortunately no. I saw the post reproduced on another board and posted it here. Now that I look on the Ponomusic community, I cannot find this. Perhaps it has been removed, or the post from another board is false/phoney. If so, my apologies.

Or perhaps I just can't find it on the Ponomusic community...not the easiest board to navigate.

Unfortunately no. I saw the post reproduced on another board and posted it here. Now that I look on the Ponomusic community, I cannot find this. Perhaps it has been removed, or the post from another board is false/phoney. If so, my apologies.

Or perhaps I just can't find it on the Ponomusic community...not the easiest board to navigate.

Here is his post:

s.gif41N1H55DuDq5jySO4xgr30WBxZtVHUufklGp43UUFAln6fwW6iIvnt1Xy2eukYk8s.gifNeil Young (PonoMusic)

CEO of PonoMusic

servlet.ImageServer?id=015A0000004UxJb&oid=00DA0000000hPW2

Senior Pono

s.gifFollowings.gif

Send a message

(PonoMusic)

My records are all on PONO in 44.1 16. That is not what i expected. I have supplied WB records with many many of my LPs in 192 24 or 176 24. I have no idea why the record company has not released these to you PONO music lovers who deserve the best. We keep asking for them to be released. I will keep you posted when i discover what the issue is at Warner Brothers corporate in NYC. Warner Brothers has a very large catalog of high resolution music which has not yet been released to you. We are working on that and will not rest until your PONO MASTER CLASS music is available to you. Thank you for your continued patience.

Do you have a link to this post? Thanks.

Hi Stephan. Copy-and-paste from 2 days ago on the Pono board:

My records are all on PONO in 44.1 16. That is not what i expected. I have supplied WB records with many many of my LPs in 192 24 or 176 24. I have no idea why the record company has not released these to you PONO music lovers who deserve the best. We keep asking for them to be released. I will keep you posted when i discover what the issue is at Warner Brothers corporate in NYC. Warner Brothers has a very large catalog of high resolution music which has not yet been released to you. We are working on that and will not rest until your PONO MASTER CLASS music is available to you. Thank you for your continued patience.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Thanks for forwarding this Jud and Boris, I couldn't find the post myself there.

It is (to understate things considerably) not the easiest site to navigate to find what you're interested in.

BTW, here's a cut and paste of another NY comment that I thought was great - really captured the consumer viewpoint of someone who, after all, is CEO of the company. (And I like this JJ Cale album too.)

I now have Jimmy Reed on my PONOPLAYER! "Rockin with Reed" is one of my favorite all time records. It is so great to hear it through my PONOPLAYER. However when I got JJ CALE's classic, "Naturally", I was sad to hear that it had been remixed for some reason unknown to me. The new mixes suck!! The original mixes were great and rocked. We are working now with the record company to find out what happened. If you have a PONO version of an old album and find that it is not what you expected because the music has been remixed by some doofus who didn't know it was already great, let us know. We will search out the reason for the remix and try to make the original great mixes of your classic recordings available in the highest resolution as an upgrade. PONO Kickstarter supporters get free upgrades for life. We can't find and restore all these remixed records without you, so please let us know when you find one and we will do our level best.

It is (to understate things considerably) not the easiest site to navigate to find what you're interested in.

BTW, here's a cut and paste of another NY comment that I thought was great - really captured the consumer viewpoint of someone who, after all, is CEO of the company. (And I like this JJ Cale album too.)

Really so refreshing to see someone be able to engage with these guys at the record labels. It will obviously be an uphill battle, but much more likely that they are going to pick up the phone when Neil Young calls.

Loved this line: "not what you expected because the music has been remixed by some doofus who didn't know it was already great"

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

In case anyone has missed post #1109 by SammyU above, here's Neil's latest update under the "my records are all on PONO in 44.1 16" thread:

41N1H55DuDq5jySO4xgr30WBxZtVHUufklGp43UUFAln6fwW6iIvnt1Xy2eukYk8s.gif

(PonoMusic)

My first officialrelease series LPs 1-14 will all be available PONO on DEC 23, in 192 and some cases 176. Beginning with NEIL YOUNG, ending with REACTOR. Thanks, Enjoy!
· 34 people ·
Two days ago at 3:37 PM
·

My first officialrelease series LPs 1-14 will all be available PONO on DEC 23, in 192 and some cases 176. Beginning with NEIL YOUNG, ending with REACTOR. Thanks, Enjoy!Like ·

I just saw this too. I will definitely be buying some of his albums in hi-res. I hope they weren't remixed by some doofus.:)

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)