IGNORED

Indiegogo campaign iPhone horn amplifier

I love those funding campaigns. Let the buyer front the cash for a new product before it is even built. Clever marketing for sure!

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

I doubt the iPhone speaker is good enough to produce anything remotely audiophile even after channeling through a cleverly crafted horn.

Like anything for $15 is going to be "audiophile".

It will be hilarious when the iPhone 6 comes out and it has a larger screen causing this new product to only work with the legacy iPhones.

Like people that have spent $15 on a gizmo for a phone is going to worry.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Like people that have spent $15 on a gizmo for a phone is going to worry.

Eloise

I guess it is just me; if I spend $15 on something that does not work, I will be disappointed. Perhaps you have more disposable income than I do.

I work someplace that sells stuff.

I do much prefer Kidkstarter- no money goes out unless the funding goals are met. The Indiegogo setu seems to be just ripe for abuse.

Paul

I love those funding campaigns. Let the buyer front the cash for a new product before it is even built. Clever marketing for sure!

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

I guess it is just me; if I spend $15 on something that does not work, I will be disappointed. Perhaps you have more disposable income than I do.

It does work with what it is advertised for.*

I just doubt anyone that has £150 plus upfront for an iphone plus £20-50 a month for the contract is going to worry that a $15 gizmo doesn't work...

Eloise

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

Yes, sure, but then why is it even mentioned on this forum? It is called Computer Audiophile after all.

Because it's perhaps of interest to some people wanting a cheap shared music experience which may be also a bit of fun... Not everything to listen to music has to be £10,000 speakers with a £5,000 DAC and £7,000 amplifier.

Eloise

Eloise

---