IGNORED

How to control Caps V3 with samsung tablet?

Hi all,

Finally I have all the hardware together to built my Caps V3 music server much in line with the Lagoon version.

I have some basic knowledge of computers, built two PC and am able to install most of the software with the occasional help from a friended IT professional.

This is what I have right now:

-Caps V3 mini itx much in line with the Lagoon

-Windows 8 32 bit installed

-SSD 64 bit

-Paul Pang card

-Keces power supply to power the Caps and PP card separately

-Buffalo Technology external DriveStation Combo 4, 2 TB connected with eSata

Connection to internet via hard-wire

Connection to Teac Dac via USB

I am planning to use jriver

Here is my question. I hope to control the music server with my samsung tablet. Please advise me how to set that up?

Thanks you,

Jock

Music Server: Caps v3, ssd, ppa usb3 v2 card, external usb hdd, Keces Powersupply,Windows Server 2016, JRiver, audio optimizer. DAC: Teac UD-501. Amplifier: SSE tube amb with Class D L15D Amps for lower frequencies Mini DSP Open Baffle Tangband w8-1808 and double Emminence Alpha15 Cables: Signal Cable USA, Chord silverplus usb.

Hi all,

Finally I have all the hardware together to built my Caps V3 music server much in line with the Lagoon version.

I have some basic knowledge of computers, built two PC and am able to install most of the software with the occasional help from a friended IT professional.

This is what I have right now:

-Caps V3 mini itx much in line with the Lagoon

-Windows 8 32 bit installed

-SSD 64 bit

-Paul Pang card

-Keces power supply to power the Caps and PP card separately

-Buffalo Technology external DriveStation Combo 4, 2 TB connected with eSata

Connection to internet via hard-wire

Connection to Teac Dac via USB

I am planning to use jriver

Here is my question. I hope to control the music server with my samsung tablet. Please advise me how to set that up?

Thanks you,

Jock

Hi Jock:

While I haven't done it myself because I am using JRiver with the JRemote app for the iPad, I believe you want to install and use 'Gizmo', a free app for Android devices. Hopefully, you will find what you are looking for in the Wiki at the following link: Gizmo - JRiverWiki

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Thanks Allan

Music Server: Caps v3, ssd, ppa usb3 v2 card, external usb hdd, Keces Powersupply,Windows Server 2016, JRiver, audio optimizer. DAC: Teac UD-501. Amplifier: SSE tube amb with Class D L15D Amps for lower frequencies Mini DSP Open Baffle Tangband w8-1808 and double Emminence Alpha15 Cables: Signal Cable USA, Chord silverplus usb.