IGNORED

Linux Ripping & File conversion software

Savage

I've just installed Linux on my laptop, poking around and getting used to it.

Any recommendations for a ripping and file conversion software on Linux? Something similar to dbpoweramp or xld?

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Install Wine and then EAC. The versions above 0.99 have a problem with unregistered DLL files, see this forum for a remedy.

There is a command line tool called cdparanoia and a front end rubyripper, adding some additional features.

I use soundconverter for file conversion and Ex Falso for tag editing.

Primary ::= Nabla music server | Mutec MC-3+USB w/ Temex LPFRS-01 RB clock | WLM Gamma Reference DAC; Secondary ::= Nabla music server | WaveIO | PrismSound Lyra

lol! Is there a search function or something here :D

It's always worth asking if there is something new and amazing. I did find the search function on Google and a mixed bag of some software that doesn't appear to be supported anymore and a host of older articles on the topic. CA inhabitants seem to know whats new/supported/working well.

Going to find a version of grip to try now..

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

lol! Is there a search function or something here :D

It's always worth asking if there is something new and amazing. I did find the search function on Google and a mixed bag of some software that doesn't appear to be supported anymore and a host of older articles on the topic. CA inhabitants seem to know whats new/supported/working well.

Going to find a version of grip to try now..

Actually, those are threads I created here while on my own Linux adventure.

No electron left behind.

• 7 months later...

Python Audio Tools (AccurateRip verification, access to Musicbrainz and FreeDB, format conversion, DVD-A ripping, etc). The only flaw is that (I think) does not extract HTOA (and does not use C2 pointers like any other native ripper, for now)

Sorry for my english.

[...] "Do fathers always know more than sons?" and the father said, "yes". The next question was, "Daddy, who invented the steam engine?" and the father said, "James Watt." And then the son came back with "- but why didn't James Watt's father invent it?"

Gregory Bateson

Steps to an Ecology of Mind (...)