IGNORED

Lowest Priced PCM & DSD DAC

What is the lowest priced full featured DSD Dac on the market today?

Anything lower than the KORG DS-DAC-100m $380...

Amazon.com : KORG Hi-Res DS-DAC-100m USB-DAC High Resolution D/A japan import : Electronics

I would buy it, but just waiting for it not to be an import..should be in a couple weeks?

The Denon looks interesting too, but over $100 more...

Are there any other low priced "full featured" dsd dacs available today under $500?

The Schiit Modi into the Schiit Loki gives PCM and DSD or iDSD from iFi- both under $300. I'll be frank however, I sent the Modi back and have not tried the other two. I found the Modi too rough.

What is the lowest priced full featured DSD Dac on the market today?

Anything lower than the KORG DS-DAC-100m $380...

Amazon.com : KORG Hi-Res DS-DAC-100m USB-DAC High Resolution D/A japan import : Electronics

I would buy it, but just waiting for it not to be an import..should be in a couple weeks?

The Denon looks interesting too, but over $100 more...

Are there any other low priced "full featured" dsd dacs available today under $500?

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

$190 - iFi iDSD is very nice. I guess it's not full featured in that it only has a USB input, it works well and sounds great though.

thanks...that looks just like what i am looking for.

I read it works on a battery...will it work on usb power also, and can you charge it that way?

are you using with pc or apple? mainly wanting to know does it have both wasapi and asio drivers ant that it will work with jriver?

will your pc volume work on it, or need to control volume from amp/avr?

lastly are there any negatives to it?

Thanks!!

thanks...that looks just like what i am looking for.

I read it works on a battery...will it work on usb power also, and can you charge it that way?

are you using with pc or apple? mainly wanting to know does it have both wasapi and asio drivers ant that it will work with jriver?

will your pc volume work on it, or need to control volume from amp/avr?

lastly are there any negatives to it?

Thanks!!

Definitely works with windows/JRiver and has both driver types. I use the ASIO iFi driver as I think it sounds better but ifi tech support says WASAPI should be superior. The battery is for portable use but the DAC sounds better running on it than bus power because it is cleaner. There is a thread on head-fi that is fairly active and Vince at ifi will respond to questions quickly.

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open