IGNORED

iTunes Mac Mini help

I need help. I'm sure it's an easy fix but I don't know how to do it so any help would be appreciated. As many do I use my Mac Mini as a music server. I have an external HD that was running iTunes on it and using my iPad mini with Remote app to control it. I upgraded to Mavericks, not sure why, and now I can't get iTunes to play on my external HD. I have iTunes on my external and now on my internal HD too. How do I get things back to the way they were, which just means to work again. You can probably tell I'm not very computer savvy I just want to play my music library and enjoy it. If I can give you more info to help fix the problem please let me know.

thanks, John

Mac Mini w/4TB external HD(minimserver)>NaimUniti 2b w/Naim Power-line>Scansonic MB 2.5>w/Naim NACA5 Speaker Cable

Auralic Aries Mini>Dynaudio XEO 3

Open iTunes, and go to Preferences.

Then select "Advanced"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10900[/ATTACH]

Then it gives you the option to open a file browser to find your iTunes library.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10901[/ATTACH]

Thank you for your help. However I'm going to need more if would be so kind. How do I get the iTunes on my external HD to be my default iTunes? I'm sorry if what you put is it but forgive me I am not really understanding that. I can open those but what do I put in the box to change it so my external HD iTunes folder with all my songs on it will be iTunes when I open it in the dock?

thanks, John

Mac Mini w/4TB external HD(minimserver)>NaimUniti 2b w/Naim Power-line>Scansonic MB 2.5>w/Naim NACA5 Speaker Cable

I assume you mean iTunes library. The Application will be on your internal hard drive. The second image shows you what you need to do.

I just don't know what needs to be there.:o Would I click on my external HD, find the location of my previous iTunes library or iTunes media or music folder then open that? Sorry for the I'm sure simple questions.

I assume you mean iTunes library. The Application will be on your internal hard drive. The second image shows you what you need to do.

In my experience, it defaults to the last library location that you used.

Also this link may prove helpful -

iTunes for Mac: Moving your iTunes Media folder

Anyone with the user name that you have deserves any level of assistance that is required ;-)

Thank you both! I do need help with step 14. Where do I find the original folder so I can drag it to the trash to see if this fixed my problem?

I have my files transferring but I still can't find my internal HD to delete the iTunes folder there. Before I upgraded to Mavericks the HD was on the desktop now I can't find it anywhere.:o Where us it?

I still can't find my internal HD to delete the iTunes folder there. Before I upgraded to Mavericks the HD was on the desktop now I can't find it anywhere.:o Where us it?

Mavericks changed the defaults for some Finder preferences*. Bring up the 'General' tab of the Finders Preferences, and check 'Hard Disks' to Show.. on..Desktop. I checked all of them, you might want to also. Then you should see 'MacHD', or some such, on your desktop.

I'm not so happy with Mavericks so far, it seems to want to treat me like a servant, not the master :(

* "don't worry your pretty little head about that"

Mavericks changed the defaults for some Finder preferences*. Bring up the 'General' tab of the Finders Preferences, and check 'Hard Disks' to Show.. on..Desktop. I checked all of them, you might want to also. Then you should see 'MacHD', or some such, on your desktop.

I'm not so happy with Mavericks so far, it seems to want to treat me like a servant, not the master :(

* "don't worry your pretty little head about that"

Thank you! Thanks to all of you that helped! It's up and running again!:D