IGNORED

newbe, what price storage?

There are some pretty expensive back up solutions used by members. I stream from iMac/ iTunes to a squeezebox touch to dac. Time machine backs up all files including music to a costco cheap 3 TB Seagate Back Up Plus. If I stored one more hardrive with just music files off site what potential advantages are there to spending more?

Thanks,

pb

There are some pretty expensive back up solutions used by members. I stream from iMac/ iTunes to a squeezebox touch to dac. Time machine backs up all files including music to a costco cheap 3 TB Seagate Back Up Plus. If I stored one more hardrive with just music files off site what potential advantages are there to spending more?

Thanks,

pb

In my opinion, there are few, if any, additional benefits. This would give you two backups which you would hopefully never need. One issue with Time Machine backups is that it can take a very loooong time to restore from one.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I have exactly the same approach, with all WD external drives, one local TimeMachine backup and the same again off site.

The other day my music HD crashed, and thank to the carbon copy cloner backup offsite I just needed to get it from the office, CCC back to the replacement drive, and didn't lose any data (needed to restore just a handful of files from the time machine backup).

Therefore, the solution you have has been tested and proven :-)