IGNORED

Article: T+A Elektroakustik Music Player Balanced

Chris... Back when you reviewed the Linn you criticised it because you had some files with large amounts of embedded images (as I recall) which didn't play gapless.

Can I ask if you tried these files on the T+A to see if gapless was "breakable"?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Chris... Back when you reviewed the Linn you criticised it because you had some files with large amounts of embedded images (as I recall) which didn't play gapless.

Can I ask if you tried these files on the T+A to see if gapless was "breakable"?

Eloise

Hi Eloise - Good question. Yes, these were some of the first files I tested. Everything worked flawlessly with the T+A unit.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris, presumably the T+A supports gapless fully, ie in renderer file 'push' mode via a gapless supporting control point (eg BubbleUPnP app for Android and Audionet app for iOS) and not just via its own remote or app.

Also, with the majority of streamers now supporting gapless, the continued lack of fast forward/back and random in-track (slider) positioning functions of most of them has become more apparent. Does the T+A streamer have these functions?

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Chris, presumably the T+A supports gapless fully, ie in renderer file 'push' mode via a gapless supporting control point (eg BubbleUPnP app for Android and Audionet app for iOS) and not just via its own remote or app.

Also, with the majority of streamers now supporting gapless, the continued lack of fast forward/back and random in-track (slider) positioning functions of most of them has become more apparent. Does the T+A streamer have these functions?

John

Hi John - Your presumption is correct. It supports gapless using any control point and server that also support gapless (SetNextURI).

I feel dumb now, I didn't test fwd / reverse seeking.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...